[Acer Aspire 4752G] Bluetooth problem.

Options
mrkudin
mrkudin Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I own a Acer Aspire 4752G (as stated on the title) and recently I realised that this laptop won't detect any other bluetooth devices and vice versa. The bluetooth is on and working correctly for sure (as I don't see any hardware name with the exclamation mark in a yellow triangle within the Device manager). Currently I have the Atheros (3.0) bluetooth software installed (as it's the only software that can be installed properly).

Here's the possible troubleshoot that I've done so far:
- Uninstall and re-install the bluetooth software/suite and driver.
- Uninstall and try to install Broadcom Bluetooth software instead but it giving up error upon starting the installer ("no bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation." and this happened no matter that the bluetooth adapter in on or off so I can't even install anything by Broadcom's.) 

- Ticked the "Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer" option (also, set visible to all devices on ther bluetooth devices).

- Restarted my laptop several times after installing bluetooth software (also, before enabling/turning on bluetooth adapter).

- Changed to other different BIOS version for this laptop (don't really know if BIOS had anything to do with the bluetooth thing, just trying my luck).

But none of the troubleshoot above giving me a solution. This laptop still won't detect bluetooth devices and vice versa. Seriously, I've kinda gave up trying to make my bluetooth works properly again. Even thought of a clean, re-installing windows would sort things out, but that might be the last hope of this problem. As now I might need to get some advice and help from here first.

So, any further help/troubleshoot possible? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, current OS used is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Service Pack 1).

Answers

• subhasis123456
    subhasis123456 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Sorry my replay is not going to help you out.

Recently I have upgraded my Acer 4752G from Window 7 Basic to Window 7 Ultimate. After that I am in the same situation like you.

By the way, have you got some solution?

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.