AO722-BZ197 will not work with any DC inverter that I have tried.

Options
xenon2000
xenon2000 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I have tried 5 different inverters now. So at this point, I have to think it's my Acer AO722-BZ197 that is being picky. I have tried as high as 400W continuous 600W peak inverters, down to 60W inverters. The AC adapter says it's 40 watts. A watt meter shows that it only pulls about 14 to 20 Watts.

It took me a while to notice it wasn't working. The batter would go dead while driving. Only to find out it wasn't charging using the inverter.

So then I started doing tests by removing the batter. Without the battery in place, the AC adapter it came with, will power the Netbook just fine. So I know it can run without the battery in place and boot up.

I then took it to the car. None of the inverters I have tried will even power on the netbook. Yet all the inverters work fine with my Dell laptops (not netbooks) and other higher wattage electronics without batteries. 

So what is going on? 

Answers

• xenon2000
    xenon2000 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

Wow. I am shocked that I am the only one that appears to care about using their Acer Aspire One in the car with an AC inverter.

What about a DC adapter? Anyone have any experience with those? I just hate buy yet another adapter which is why I bought an inverter.

• du1y-smeaspame
    du1y-smeaspame Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Xenon2000 -

I have same problem with my Aspire V5 series (model MS2377). I have tried 2 inverters, and I have tried the power cords from an HP and from my Toshiba, plugged into inverters - and, none of these attempts have succeeded. My Toshiba works fine on an inverter. And, the HP works fine on an inverter - both using their own power supply cords. If I find an answer, I'll let you know.

I saw one case of a Mac with similar problem.

This discussion has been closed.