boin Member Posts: 14 New User

Is it possible use a

ACER Aspiring S3 HDMI to VGA (D-sub) Cable

and connect a projector to tablet?

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

The A1-810 Tablet has a Micro HDMI output.

If you have a micro HDMI to HDMI cable and also a HDMI to D-Sub adapter.  I don't see why you can't ! Smiley Happy

• boin
    Options

Thanks for reply. Now I found a D-sub and wonder, is this something I can use?

• boin
    Options

Now I have a D-Sub VGA adapter to micro HDMI but when connecting to a projector there is no picture, only "Computer no signal". In the tablet it says that it is connected to HDMI and "Click to configure HDMI". There is HDMI connected and the resolution is on Auto.

No problem with projector, just connected my iPad with iPad to VGA adaptor cord and no problem.

Can someone help me?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I just use a http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1Z0X8W/ . Paid a little extra for one that had the headphone jack. Since it has a micro-HDMI connector, no need for an adapter on W3 or W510. Works well ip to 1920x1080 (highest monitor I have)

ps a few shillings more in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-Active-Female-Adapter/dp/B007Z0UBFW/

pps more like half a King's foot than a metre.

ppps not sure if the UK one has the audio output.

and for the one that just appeared: usually when a projector is just blank (or sometimes an error message) the output resolution is too high. Try starting with 1024x768 and if that works, bump up until it doesn't.

• boin
    Options

I use this one. It must be the same as yours?

• padgett
    Options

Actually I have two, one with the audio output and another without.

That said to try with Android I had to find a mini-HDMI instead of a Micro (really need to clean/organize...)

and with it  had to boot the Android tab with the TV disconnected, go into Settings>Display and then plug the HDMI cable in. It discovered and automagically set to 1080 with the option of manually setting the resolution. I suspect your projector uses a lower resolution (many max at 720p/768)

• boin
    Options

As I wrote it is a Tablet Iconia A1-810. When connecting HDMI on my laptop with VGA adapter to projector it´s OK. But with tablet no picture, can´t find computer it says. I have done as you wrote but no contact. I have a HDMI contact, male micro HDMI to female HDMI, I can´t check if it´s OK, all others is OK. Could it be that this contact is not working? Anyway to check that?

• padgett
    Options

Do you mean you go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY (which should be greyed out without the HDMI connected, connect the projector, and the DISPLAY selection does not brighten ?

• boin
    Options

Nothing is grayed out there, I have 6 alterternatives under Display, as ex I can shange brithness, background and also HDMI settings. If I click HDMI settings there are two alternative, HDMI (which is not greyed out and Video resolotion (greyed out).

When connecting HDMI and projector I can change the resolution in three steeps.
    I find also when connecting projector a small icon flashing with a padlock and an arrow around the padlock, the padlock open and shut. Changing resolution to Auto normaly take the icon away.

• boin
    Options

I now checked connecting tablet to TV with HDMI and no problem. And as I said, no problem connecting laptop via HDMI and VGA converter to projector. But tablet, no.

• boin
    Options

After further tests I understand that padlock icon I mention above lock the tablet in some way. The icon goes from unlock to lock and then fade away. Anyone seen that padlock icon and can explain what it does?

• padgett
    Options

OK I don't have an A1, was just using a different tablet that evidently doen't act the same way so cannot help. Good luck.

• boin
    Options

Thanks padgett, but why nothing from Acer? It seems to be a problem for more then me and I thought Acer was interested in solving problems with Acer stuff. I know there is a way to do this but something is hooking up in my tablet. Is there a easy way to contact Acer support, sending mail is not possible as I can´t registrate the date in the form they want.

• boin
    Options

Is it so that nobody have connected a projector to a tablet as mine?

• padgett
    Options

If you can't go to support.acer.com and open a chat line then I suggest looking for someone connected who posts here (user name will start with "acer_") and PM them politely for a suggestion.

• boin
    Options

I am sorry if I offended anyone here in Forum, English is not my first language, I am from Sweden.

In order to open a chatline I have to fill in a date and it is impossible to find correct way to do that.

Nor USA-way, English-way or European-way to state year and date can be done.

I will try contact (PM) with usernamne starting with "acer" as you suggest. Thanks again for your support.

• at
    at Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I've same problem as your on my a1-811 (no output on connecting to a VGA monitor). Have you already solved it?

many thanks,

A

• boin
    Options

According to Acer support there is no way connect A1-810 with HDMI / VGA converter to a projector, there is no support for analog signal. Only way is connect direct HDMI to HDMI, witch meens you will need projector with HDMI connection.

This discussion has been closed.