Can not find the ssd Aspire MT3-605

Options
pharmanimal
pharmanimal Member Posts: 3 New User

In Windows Explore I can not find the 24Gb SSD that is supposed to be in the Aspire MT3-605-UR24 desktop. I have also tried to find the SSD in device manager. How do I see it so that I can actually use it?

computer.jpg

Best Answer

• pharmanimal
    Answer ✓
    Options

Soooo. I will answer my own question. First some history: After two phone calls to Acer support, trying to comprehend English with a dialect, I was transferred to level 2 support. They sent me a shipping label to send my pc to Texas, which is about 2000 miles from where I live. I was also asked to burn backup disks. Well, Win8 does not burn backup disks. Only a usb drive is an option with Win8 (This was verified using windows help). Not feeling all warm and fuzzy about this option, I thought I would take a gamble and call the place that I bought the pc from (online store). After a short conversation I was sent a RMA label to send the pc back. No problem. They would simply send me a new one. Better idea, but still some reservations since I had loaded the MS Office Pro 2013 Suite and did not want to hassle with MS to reuse the product key. So, off to the internet to find other lost souls with a similar sounding problem and any suggestions.

So the answer?  The SSD on my AT3-605 UR24 is alive and well. It is a system MBR drive used solely by the operating system. It is not intended to be a user accessible drive.  It can be found at

control panel > system security > administrative tools > computer management > storage > disk management.   And there it is !  Alive, healthy, and working properly.

Answers

• pharmanimal
    Options

Sorry. I do not know where the "M" came from

The correct model number is AT3-605-UR24

There is supposed to be a 2TB hard drive plus a 24GB SSD. The SSD does not show up anywhere.

• pharmanimal
    Answer ✓
    Options

Soooo. I will answer my own question. First some history: After two phone calls to Acer support, trying to comprehend English with a dialect, I was transferred to level 2 support. They sent me a shipping label to send my pc to Texas, which is about 2000 miles from where I live. I was also asked to burn backup disks. Well, Win8 does not burn backup disks. Only a usb drive is an option with Win8 (This was verified using windows help). Not feeling all warm and fuzzy about this option, I thought I would take a gamble and call the place that I bought the pc from (online store). After a short conversation I was sent a RMA label to send the pc back. No problem. They would simply send me a new one. Better idea, but still some reservations since I had loaded the MS Office Pro 2013 Suite and did not want to hassle with MS to reuse the product key. So, off to the internet to find other lost souls with a similar sounding problem and any suggestions.

So the answer?  The SSD on my AT3-605 UR24 is alive and well. It is a system MBR drive used solely by the operating system. It is not intended to be a user accessible drive.  It can be found at

control panel > system security > administrative tools > computer management > storage > disk management.   And there it is !  Alive, healthy, and working properly.

• Renwic
    Renwic Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Where do i physically find this drive.

This discussion has been closed.