aspire v3 551g-x419

Options
BlitzCannon
BlitzCannon Member Posts: 3 New User

im in serious need of help!! my aspire v3-551g-x419 i recently purchase is having internet connection problems. ive been looking on tons of forums but none of there idea's work. i've updated my drivers and that didnt work. and this is really affecting my games ive been playing lately. i would just be playing and all the sudden it would disconnect me from the game when i have full connection. so please if you read this and you know what to do please message me back ASAP!!!

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Blitz, I researched your laptop. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and your weakest link is the speed of your hard drive. It is having trouble keeping up. I advise you to download the free Win Patrol program, and it will tell you what bloatware is running and starting up on your machine. DO NOT DELETE anything from Microsoft. If you see a program you don't want, "Disable" it, but don't delete it. Later, if everything is fine, you can delete it.

It is possible that you are overheating. Place a small object under the back of your laptop, and this should lower the operating temperature about 10F. Download the free CoreTemp program and it will tell you how much your temperature rises when you play a high-end game.

If this is happening on more than one site, it could be your internet connection.

• BlitzCannon
    Options

i did both those and i belive that the most problem is the heat.... it says i max out at 64 degress celcius and when i was playing my gaming it did that and as for the hard drive im not sure.... but is there any way i can fix this?

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Okay, Blitz, you've found your problem. Buy a can of compressed air and carefully fire a short burst into the exit vent of your laptop AFTER it is turned off and unplugged. When it's running, put your finger over the exit vent to see if you're getting a decent breeze. If not, you need your fan replaced, which won't cost much. The only major review I can find on your machine does not mention any temperature problems, so it is likely to be your fan.

You can also buy a fan cooler to place under your rig. It will lift the laptop off the desk (allowing the bottom to cool better) and will blow a stream of fresh air over the bottom to cool it further.

• BlitzCannon
    Options

okay well its not that the air isnt being blown out the vent bc i put my finger over it and i can feel the air coming out. and i probably should of mentin before that this has only been happening when i play battlefeild 3....... i will be playing for about 25-40 minutes and itl stop and the heat is maxing out but i dont see how i can really fix that. i mean ive been thinking of getting a cooling pad but i dont know if that will really make a difference. well acually come to think of it i was playing another game called league of legends and it did the same thing it that game too soo i cant really tell if its the computers wifi adapter, the heat, or the hard drive. id really like some more info and maybe if we could also get a acer admin to help.

This discussion has been closed.