CPU startup problem acer aspire M3100

Options
Mart1
Mart1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello all and first I'm french and sorry for my bad english !

Here I think the CPU is that : here sorry if is not that :/ !

My PC is brand Acer Aspire M3100 with an AMD Athlon 64X2 processor. It works with Windows Vista.
For some time, I am unable to use my computer, because when I turn on my CPU, the screen displays "No Signal" and the keyboard LEDs do not light up. So the problem is not a priori of the screen, but the CPU. I opened the tower to see if a wire was not plugged in, but I have spotted any abnormality. I must say however that I do not know much!
There are no beeps at startup, the fans are working perfectly (at least I think saw what I hear!)
When I press the start button, the button glows blue, which is normal, no diode to see if the hard drive is active (I don't see her !).
The PC is on a normal outlet, no strip, the power cable from the PC and the screen are on two different outlet so ...
Thank you for your help!

Answers

• goalie
    goalie Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

The problem you describe is similar to the one I encountered.  Replacing the system (CMOS) battery resolved the issue.  The battery should be available at stores that sell disc-style batteries for electronics.  Here in the US it is available for around $5 US.

• Mart1
    Options

It works !!!!

Now I have another problem, my keyboard and my computer mouse works in the bios perfectly but when windows load the keyboard a few seconds after the start of loading to crashes and no longer responds (I see the LED when I 'press CAPS LOCK, an LED lights up in the bios and a few seconds after the start of loading to support, but I'm nothing happens, the LED does not light!)
    Finally towards the end of loading windows, the LED will flash three keyboard half a second and then all go out then.
    I'll be the end to load and I get on the screen or do I have to enter my password, and have the answers or the keyboard or mouse!
    This is the same in safe mode.
    I made a clear_cmos before

Thanks !

• goalie
    goalie Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean by "clear_cmos".  After I put the new CMOS battery in, booted up the computer and accessed the BIOS, I set and saved the "Load Defaults Setting" and had no further problems with the startup.

If you do get past your current hardware issues, you may come across an annoying error message : "The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the displays manager."  Reinstalling the Catalyst Control Center software resolved that issue for me.

• Mart1
    Options

I mean clear_cmos I moved the blue jumper is present on my motherboard 1/2 position at the 2/3 position, it resets the bios originally when the computer came out of plant.

My keyboard don't work thus i can't come to the office !

Thanks for you help !

This discussion has been closed.