Acer Aspire S7-392 fan noise of i5 and i7 models?

Options
ecosmith
ecosmith Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Smiley Happy

I am wondering whether anyone has had a chance to compare the fan noise of the i5 and i7 S7-392 models(?)

Does anyone have an S7- 392 yet?

According to posts on the acer forum, and also acer's Service Guide, the difference between the i5 and i7 CPU S7-391 (and presumably S7-191) models is significant, with the i7 versions have much faster, noisier fans.

It has been reported that the updated S7-392 has qieter fans. Does this apply to both the i5 and i7 variants though? Do the new i5 models still have slower, quieter fans compared to the new i7 models?

It will be interesting to find out how well acer has managed to address the challenges of cooling such a thin, yet relatively powerful ultrabook, with a dual-fan system, as quietly as possible.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Answers

• solar456
    solar456 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I have the 392 i5 and it is silent. When it comes on I can hear the fan with my ear next to the vent. It has been actually audible only a couple of times when left sitting on my bed (since 7/16 purchase) and even so it is fairly soft. I held off on the 391 because I'm  sensitive to noise. It only gets warm/hot on the very back 1-2", also rare.

• SkyHog
    SkyHog Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

I have the i7 version of the S7-392, and I am very pleased that the fan noise is inaudible almost all the time.  Under some heavy processing loads, it becomes audible, but still quite low compared to most laptops.   I'm a stickler for silent computing, which is one big reason I chose the -392. and I have no complaints at all.  Acer has done a marvelous job of improving cooling fans on the -392 models. 

This discussion has been closed.