ACER 220V to 110V Power Supply Replacement?

Options
Temptedtigress
Temptedtigress Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hoping I came to the right place - I'm relocating to the US from Europe soon, and I am bringing along my two Acer desktops, one being my Acer X1700 and the other the one I am currently using, the Acer AX3950. Now since I bought both of them here I am assuming that their power supplies will not be compatible with the US (unless they are dual-voltage which I haven't been able to figure out - and there is no switch to change the voltage either that I could see at first glance) - is it possible to just have the power supply replaced? If so, how or where would be the best place to get something like that done? Would appreciate any advice anyone could give me...

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Temp

Have a look at the back of both computers. Next to where the power cord plugs in there should be a red voltage select switch. If you have that switch, when you get to US switch it from nominal 220 to nominal 120.

Leho

• Hofiz
    Hofiz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I have the same problem. I do have the red switch and I selected 115 v, instead of 230. But the PC does not start. The fan starts working for about a minute, but then it goes off and does not start at all any more.

Please give me an idea what to do.

thanks,

H.

This discussion has been closed.