Acer Travelmate P273-MG - Incredibly disappointing customer support

Burwood
Burwood Member Beiträge: 3 New User
bearbeitet April 2023 in 2019 Archiv
Hi,
Newby here.

Am enquiring as to why a regional spare parts centre would refuse to help me source a replacement battery & power adapter.

Their email claims: “You need to contact the Acer part supplier from the same country you purchased this notebook.”

The Travelmate P273-MG was purchased in the UK a few years ago, and I’m now in Australia.

What makes an Acer 90w power supply and (presumably) standard travelmate battery so terribly regionally sensitive? 

They were pretty slow to respond to my initial query and I had to chase them. I understand the people in question are a certainty a third-party franchise for parts, but I’m pretty sure Acer HQ might want to think carefully about their business relationship with them, considering the ‘can’t-be-bothered’ response I’ve had.  

I would like to get genuine Acer spares and not risk it with the myriad of sketchy websites offering spares/ replacements of unknown quality.

Thanks for any rational explanation.
Oh and if there are any Acer Customer Service people lurking, I’d be happy to discuss my recent poor experience.

Beste Antwort

• JackE
    JackE ACE Beiträge: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Antwort ✓
    >>>Is there any reason they might claim I need to go back to a UK company for the replacements?>>>

I'm gonna guess that If your machine's serial number id  (SNID) somehow got mentioned,  it was used instead of the model number to find the replacements. Because the same model number might have regional/date production variations (for example, some came with the 45watt charger), the SNID is often a more reliable indicator of the correct replacement. When your machine's serial number couldn't be found in the OZSNID database, the lout simply didn't want to be bothered with the unlikely possibility of selling you the wrong battery and charger. So you got brushed off. That's my theory anyway. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

Antworten

• JackE
    >>>I would like to get genuine Acer spares and not risk it with the myriad of sketchy websites offering spares/ replacements of unknown quality.>>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Burwood
    That’s who I contacted.
  • JackE
    Dove? The ACER part nos. for the chargers and batteries used in this model are shown below. ACER uses but does not manufacturer most discrete components. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Burwood
    Apologies, no I meant Infinity, in Australia. 

Is there any reason they might claim I need to go back to a UK company for the replacements?

Still confused by this.

Thanks for your reply and the information.  

• JackE
    Antwort ✓
    >>>Is there any reason they might claim I need to go back to a UK company for the replacements?>>>

I'm gonna guess that If your machine's serial number id  (SNID) somehow got mentioned,  it was used instead of the model number to find the replacements. Because the same model number might have regional/date production variations (for example, some came with the 45watt charger), the SNID is often a more reliable indicator of the correct replacement. When your machine's serial number couldn't be found in the OZSNID database, the lout simply didn't want to be bothered with the unlikely possibility of selling you the wrong battery and charger. So you got brushed off. That's my theory anyway. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ