w1-810 Acer Iconia 8W (W1-810) - Boot Windows Installation from USB

Options
IruZaf
IruZaf Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I have succesfully updgraded my w1-810 from "Windows 8.1 with Bing" to "Windows 10 Home"... but looking in the System Info, I've seen that even though I have a 64-bit machine, my Windows is x32 (I noticed that the same was for Windows 8.1 before, but I hoped that during the upgrade the installation would've asked me if I wanted to install the x32 or x64 version of Windows 10... somehow).

I've downloaded the Windows 10 Home x64 ISO via the Media Creation Tool offered by Microsoft and installed it on a USB Drive firstly using Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool (it worked with Windows 8/8.1, but this time it gave me an error like "I copied the ISO but couldn't make it bootable"), and then with Rufus (FAT32 and "MBR Partition for UEFI")... but after restarting the Tablet, it went straight to Windows, ignoring the USB.

Reading around I discovered something about the BIOS, so I entered in it, selected "Erase all Secure Boot Setting", disabled Secure Boot, and lastlysetting the boot order so that it would begin with USB devices. Still nothing.

Starting while pressing F2 (the Boot Menu) I see only "Windows Boot Manager", that brings me to the ususal Windows 10 login screen.

Using the Advanced Startup from the OS and selecting "EFI USB", after the tablet restarts I get this error: "system doesn't have any usb boot option. please select other boot option in boot manager menu", and it kicks me back to the F2 Boot Menu, that looks just like before.

Last thing I've done is today: with the Media Creation Tool I've re-downloaded Windows 10 Home x64 again, but this time I selected not to download an ISO, but to install it directly in the USB Drive... but nothing has changed.

I've also updated the BIOS to 1.06: same as before.

So... any suggestions? Unfortunately I can't find much informations regarding this issue for THIS model... I've found only this discussion, and read something about "rEFIt" for EFI boot menu and stuff... but since I know nothing about it, I don't want to, I don't know, force an installation I can't do and mess things up. Somewhere else I've read that I should switch from UEFI to Legacy mode... but from the BIOS of this model, I can't do it...

Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Onax
    Onax Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Por lo que sé necesitas un mínimo de 2Gb  de ram para usar W10 x64, aunque los procesadores de tú máquina trabajen a 64 bits. La Iconia W1 810 trae 1 Gb en placa.

Saludos