Three Veriton M4640G's with the same no boot problem-what am I doing wrong?

Options
eyedoc
eyedoc Member Posts: 4 New User

I use 3 seperate Veriton computers in the office.  If they sit over the weekend, turned off but still plugged into the AC outlet they will not start Monday morning.  The blue power light comes on and there is a momentary "whir" sound then silence and nothing on the monitor.  If I unplug them for maybe an hour then plug them back in they will start perfectly.  If they sit over just one night plugged in and turned off they seem to work fine.   Sent one back to ACER repair where they updated BIO's and ReSet Operating System which did not help.  What is happening?????

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

which windows OS version is installed?

by turned off, you mean windows shut down?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • eyedoc
    Options

They are using Windows 10, and using the typical shut down procedure (ie clicking power icon and choosing shut down with the mouse)

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • eyedoc
    Options

Thanks.  I just turned fast start-up off.  I should know if that fixes the issue next Monday.  Your response is appreciated.

• eyedoc
    Options

Turning off the fast start up seems to have solved the problem.  All the computers started today after sitting over the weekend plugged in but shut down.  Thanks again for the help.  I should have checked here first rather than sending them back to ACER for warranty repair.

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• ITMooks
    ITMooks Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Bought 4 of same model... Having issues with one and Windows 7 Identical behavior... Process to fix for Win7?

• IronFly
    Options

so 3 are ok and having other windows version?

just 1 using windows 7 is not able to boot after a while?

• ITMooks
    Options

Yes. It has been sent in twice for warranty repair. It acts the same as described here. Ran for a couple days during load out of soft ware. was odd in that it would take two taps of power button to boot, not one like other same models. After being turned off for a few days, it will not turn on. One flash of blue on power switch. Cpu fan spins then nothing. If I hold the power button it flashes 3 times then stays on but does not post. I have removed hdd,dvd,ram and cmos battery and left it for a few minutes and tried again. Still one flash no boot. It is unplugged now...  Communication with warranty support is frustrating because they just say send it in. It boots when I get it back of course ... then dies !!!!

• IronFly
    Options

ok, can you please check  the BIOS version?

windows logo key + r

type msconfig32

if you are using hibernation, please try to disable it, use option one:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/819-hibernate-enable-disable.html

• ITMooks
    Options

Acer r01-b1 8/5/16 is the BIOS version. Odd behavior today after sitting. Power button. Nothing. Power button Three spin ups then 1 long 2 short beep pattern repeated. checked and reseated Ram. Power button. Three spinups one beep came up... Disabling hibernation now...

• IronFly
    Options

ok. BIOS is the latest.

let me know about hibernation.

• ITMooks
    Options

Just disabled hibernation. The machine still takes two pushes of power button to come up. First one, blue flash, no spin. Second normal boot. Can you verify 1 long 2 short code indication? Wait maybe I know. I had added a video card, it was pulled while I was trying to get machine back up. The code may be related to the BIOS setting where I told it to use External not Autodetect...

• IronFly
    Options

can you please try a shutdown from run?

windows logo key + r

type

shutdown -f -s -t 0

then try to turn it ON

• ITMooks
    Options

Still two presses of button to boot.

• IronFly
    Options

One long beep, then two short beeps and repeat
    VGA not installed or VGA error
    •The mainboard can not access the video card for some reasons. Either the video card is not working, its memory is not accessible, or its BIOS may be corrupt.

• ITMooks
    Options

I am pretty sure that was related to me removing the card and having a fixed setting in BIOS.

• IronFly
    Options

yep, can be.

• ITMooks
    Options

Shutdown from cmd twice. Still takes two taps to boot.

• ITMooks
    Options

I think this has a wonky MotherBoard. How do I get Acer to replace it. I have sent it in TWICE!!!!