Acer Veriton M2611 No Display

raaxsl
raaxsl Member Posts: 3 New User

I have 03 Acer Veriton M2611 Destop Computers. All come with OEM Windows 8 Pro x64. I booted the computers with UEFI USB disk, formatted the C: Partition and Installed Windows 10. Then I changed the Boot Order to Windows Boot Manager in BIOS and restart the computer. Now all 3 computers have No Display, NO Post and can not enter to the BIOS. Please help me with this issue.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you can try to enter BIOS disconnecting the HDD and then press F2 at boot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • raaxsl
    Already tried. Also tried clearing BIOS by removing the battery and shorting the clear bios jumper. Same results. Still no POST and nothing happening by clicking F2 / F12
  • IronFly

ehm on desktops it's Del key

• raaxsl
    Already tried Del key. Still no luck
  • IronFly

no other ideas if taking off HDD and CMOS battery will not let you enter BIOS, sorry.

• Jasutiin
    Jasutiin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Any leads? I know its 3 years old thread but I have Acer Veriton S6 series that doesn't boot after formatting using Windows 10. I'm still searching around but still no leads. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Are they Veriton M2611G by any chance? I don't see the one without the graphics card... Some M2611G models came originally with Windows 7, some with Windows 8. I believe all were new enough that they used a UEFI boot. Likely your boot and drive are mismatched and that's what's stepping on your toes. If the system is setup for the old Legacy boot you need an MBR drive if you are setup for UEFI you need a GPT drive. You can switch the drives between the two types, but in UEFI mode there are additional partitions that need to be on the boot drive. If you installed Windows using a MBR drive it wouldn't have created those partitins, so when the system tried to boot in UEFI mode they just weren't there. Likely your best option at this point is to first find out which boot type the BIOS expects, then boot into Repair using the Windows install image and with the command prompt make sure the disk is empty and set to the proper type, then reboot on the install image and install to the clean, empty drive. That should get you back up and running.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jan_Inruilde
    Jan_Inruilde Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi
    i'm having the same issue.
    i unfortunately can't try what billsey said, because i don't have any display at all.
    when i start the computer, the fans are running, the network light is blinking, but tha't about all...
    did you guys found a way out to fix this ?
    thanks for your reply...
    Jan
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    @Jan_Inruilde you likely have a different issue with yours. Please start a new thread (Use the Ask a Question button), include your full model number, what is happening and what you have tried so far. Also, if possible, a picture showing the wiring hooked up to the back of your machine.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jan_Inruilde
    Jan_Inruilde Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer