Windows Anniversary Update has ruined the touchpad

Options
face
face Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Laggy and moves too quickly across the screen. Doesn't feel precise anymore. Is there a fix in the works for this? It's infuriating.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Probably a driver update should solve the issue.

• face

Tinkerer

Options
    There are no new drivers.
  • starstudio
    starstudio Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I assume you may have tried this already, but just in case - the fix for this on my Surface Pro 4 was to uninstall the touchpad driver in Device Manager and then restart the machine (which reinstalls the driver). I assume it would reinstall on an Acer, too - but better have a mouse ready just in case Smiley Happy

• starstudio
    starstudio Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Oops - if you look at the E-series message boards, it's apparent that this is a real issue which has not been resolved by Acer yet. There are some partial workarounds posted but they do not bring back full functionality. Don't know if this will apply to a V-Series, but here is the page that has what looks like the most comprehensive fix: 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-makes-touchpad-unusable/td-p/451171/page/2

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator
    Options

Hello everyone,

We’re aware of the touchpad issues after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on some models and we are working on a solution.  Can you please tell me the full model number (VX-XXX-XXXX)?  That way I can forward the information in case that it has not been reported for your model yet.

I know it’s not the ideal solution but in the meantime we do recommend changing the precision touchpad settings in the BIOS to Basic, this will disable multi-gestures but will improve the touchpad responsiveness.  I will update this thread once we have a solution for this issue.

• face

Tinkerer

Options

Hi, yeah mine's the V5-591G-72SK.

• SRRDZ
    SRRDZ Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I've got a V5 series laptop too with the same problem. ELAN Touchpad that just stopped working smoothly after the Anniversary update. V5-591G-71Q8

When will this issue be fixed and how? A driver update for the ELAN touchpad? Will it be pushed out through the Acer Care Center?

• face

Tinkerer

Options

Wonder how long it's going to be until we see a fix for this? It's really annoying.

• shdmitch
    shdmitch Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Just wanted to let you know this is also affecting my VN7-791G-78VM.  This is the model with the Synaptics touchpad that doesn't have a Synaptics firmware upgrade.

BOARD_NUMBER=TM-2970-1
    PACKRAT_NUMBER=1627477

HID\VID_06CB&PID_2970&REV_0008&Col04

I have tried "ALL" the various fixes and was able to get it to work for awhile after first upgrading to Anniversary edition by shutting down, unplugging, and using a pin to reset the battery (sometimes I could also get it back by doing a click drag in the upper left corner) but now nothing gets it back.  Laggy to the point of unusable and since we don't have the option in this model's bios to switch the precision back to Basic we are stuck without a touchpad at all.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

This was posted for the Vn7-592g touchpad. If it works, it should work for all, maybe. Worth a try?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/FIX-Acer-VN7-592G-Erratic-touchpad-fix/m-p/463325#U463325

• Lupus1
    Lupus1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi!

Same problem here. My full model number is V5-591G-58KC.

I´ve sent my laptop to your repair service and the only response was: "Yeah, we know the problem and hopefully Microsoft will fix it soon." My laptop was downgraded to an older Win10 Version and updatet after one week automatically. Problem not solved...

Hope you can fix this problem soon!

• SRRDZ
    SRRDZ Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

My touchpad is working again after today's windows Update, gestures and smoothness and everything. Such a relief, considering I'm a university student.

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator
    Options

SRRDZ ha escrito:

My touchpad is working again after today's windows Update, gestures and smoothness and everything. Such a relief, considering I'm a university student.

Hello everyone,

First I would like to thank you for your patience regarding the touchpad issue that you reported on this model. As @SRRDZ mentioned, Microsoft has released a fix for this model; please run Windows Updates to install update KB3201845 to resolve the touchpad lag.

Thank you,

Acer CrewAcer-Jose