My VN7-571G-719D freezes when waking up from sleep mode.

Options
kekolsta
kekolsta Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a VN7-571G-719D Aspire laptop that I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.  Everything runs great except that when I put the computer to sleep, when it wakes up it freezes and I am unable to revive it.  I have to do a hard reset every time the computer wakes up.  I have tried installing VGA drivers from Acer's website on their recommendation but I haven't had any luck otherwise. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Open the "Computer" window
    Right-click on the drive in question
    Select the "Tools" tab
    click Check now.

• kekolsta
    Options

Neither the SSD or the 1TB spinning drive come up with any errors.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Which drivers are you using from Acer's website?

Which BIOS from Acer's website?

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

I don't have your computer model, but try going to device manager and uninstall/delete the Intel Management Engine driver.  Some users have reported various shutdown/sleep/hibernate issues with Intel Management Engine driver on other models of laptop.

After you uninstall/delete that driver, restart your computer and then wait a little while and see what driver that Windows Update automatically gives you.

meidel.PNG

Edit: Or try using all of the drivers on Acer's website.  

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Nikita7085
    Nikita7085 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Laptop won't wake from sleep & I've been searching for resolutions to the problem & found this issue is found in all brands & there were dozens of suggestions offered. It seems like it is prob a graphics driver issue w/ Win 10. The 1 solution I wasn't able to try was the Intel Managemt Component update. I can't update graphics from Acer b/c they don't offer one for my pc & Intel reads my drivers & says that Acer has modified them & to get them from Acer.When Windows updates my other software they keep installing Intel drivers. My pc is Acer: V5--561p/TOUCH. Can anyone here help?

• JordanB
    Options

Nikita7085,

I think you should start a new topic so your problem will get more visibility.

• JordanB
    Options

It's hard to say if it's Windows 10 or not.  It could be anything from a driver to a firmware issue.  Hopefully Acer will look in to it to see if they need to update anything on their website.  You could always try to reset windows 10 to see if that helps.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-V5-561PG-Won-t-Come-Out-of-Sleep-Mode/td-p/323613

• Nikita7085
    Options

thanks for the reply.  I will start a new thread but just wanted to say that I've been trying diff things (updating all drivers, changing power settings to everything poss) & think it;s poss a power managemt prob, BIOS, Win 10 like u suggested or even a driver b/c Intel showed that Acer altered my drivers but I cannot get those drivers to update from Acer b/c they're not offered. So, next I'll repost new but this got over 1000 views & they weren't by me, too busy.  TY

• kekolsta
    Options

We still have not been able to fix this issue.  We have many of these laptops at our business and we just upgraded the last of them to Windows 10.  Despite dumping all of the Windows 8 drivers for this machine on a jump drive before upgrading and taking some of those Windows 8 drivers to a Windows 10 machine and installing them (like the Intel Management, nVidia, Intel Graphics Drivers, etc.), we haven't had any luck fixing this issue.  This is clearly something that Acer needs to address.

• kekolsta
    Options

We still have not been able to fix this issue.  We have many of these laptops at our business and we just upgraded the last of them to Windows 10.  Despite dumping all of the Windows 8 drivers for this machine on a jump drive before upgrading and taking some of those Windows 8 drivers to a Windows 10 machine and installing them (like the Intel Management, nVidia, Intel Graphics Drivers, etc.), we haven't had any luck fixing this issue.  This is clearly something that Acer needs to address.

• Nikita7085
    Options

Whenever I was able to "rollback" the graphics drivers B4 this last Win 10 update, it would change back to the Intel site drivers when auto updating.  I agree that Acer definitely needs to fix this issue.  But in my research along the way I found people of many other brands complaining of the same problem.  I'll tackle this next wk when I have more  time, hopefully u will chime in.  Thx

• JordanB
    Options

Nikita,

So if you start a new topic and post your complete model #, I should be able to give you some suggestions. Smiley Happy

• Supertom
    Supertom Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Same laptop, same issue. It will show the Windows login screen on wake up from sleep but won't register any key/mouse presses - it's fully frozen - it can only be hard reset. We tried the driver rollback, graphics and Intel Management Engine, and no luck.