Acer Aspire V5-561PG Won't Come Out of Sleep Mode

Options
brock125
brock125 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I just purchased an Aspire V5-561PG laptop.  It has Windows 8.1 installed.  I'm encountering a very frustrating problem with it and it seems to be a very common problem after searching on various tech forums.  I am not able to get the laptop out of sleep mode once it goes into that mode.  It's gone into sleep mode via inactivity, closing the laptop lid and by pressing Function+F4.  I cannot get it to wake after each of these instances.  The only thing I can do is hold down the power button to manually shut it down and then press the power button again to restart it.  I've tried some of the suggestions I've found on other tech forums but nothing has worked.  I'm not even 100% sure it's going into sleep mode with any of the 3 above scenarios.  The screen goes black as you would expect but the lights in the bottom, front of the laptop are still all lit up.  I would expect the lights to turn off when it's in sleep mode (maybe I'm wrong about that).  Anyway, has anybody found a solution with this?  I've changed the video drivers multiple times and that hasn't worked.  I have the latest BIOS installed.  This is a head scratcher and seems to be such a common problem that I'm shocked there is no clear cut answer as to how to fix it, at least not that I've found.  I'm hoping that I'm not looking in the right place. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

Answers