Help - advice re. Acer Aspire v3-371

Options
IC-v3-371
IC-v3-371 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi folks,

I'd really appreciated some thoughts on a recent issue I had with my Acer Aspire v3-371. I had similar issues to those experienced with the touch pad (see: Touchpad freezing) and worse, problems with the keyboard - certain keys stopped working which meant I have to use the on-screen keyboard to log in (anyone else had keyboard issues?).

I returned the laptop to the retailer (UK based) for repair under the 12 month manufacturers warranty period. The retailer has returned the laptop to me refusing to repair it on the basis that I've abused the laptop and caused damage to it (hence invalidating the warranty).

The only damage evident is to a case retaining clip within the casing itself, see:

(1) Photo provided by retailer:

retaining clip.JPG

(2) My photo with objects for context (size/location):

(The case retaining clip is a few mm width/depth/height)

ic retaining clip photo.jpg

I've looked after the laptop very well and there is no evidence of any external damage or any other internal damage which could have led to this. Also, the laptop had never been taken apart until it was sent to the retailer for repair.

Does anyone with experience in dealing with laptop repairs have any idea on what is most likely to have caused the damage to the clip?

Mr IC

Answers