Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire V3-371 Touchpad Freezing

SOLVED
New User

I have a brand new Aspire V3-371-596F.  Since the first boot, I have been having problems with the touchpad freezing randomly.  The two finger sroll is reversed and I cannot access any settings to change the direction, either.  I downloaded the suggested Synaptics driver from the Acer website, but Windows will not let me install the driver for the touchpad. 

When I go into Device Manager -> Mice and other pointing devices, there is only one device listed: HID-compliant mouse.  It says the manufacturer is Microsoft, and not Synaptics.  When I try to Update Driver, I select the downloaded Synaptic driver it says the best driver for my device is already installed.

How do I tell the computer that it does not have a Microsoft mouse installed so I can use the correct Synaptics driver?  

Thanks for any help.

Edit:  I should also mention that a Synaptics HID Device does show up under Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices.  However, windows does not seem to recognize that this device is the mouse.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Troubleshooter

Re: Aspire V3-371 Touchpad Freezing

Dear all...

I just came back from Acer Local Service Center which called 'Highpoints'.

I send in the V3-371 laptop yesterday (15.10.14) and i got it back just now (16.10.14)

From the technician part, he told me that something wrong with the touchpad.

They rework the touchpad board, which mean they resolder the touhpad board, and reconnect the touchpad cable.

Now the problem solve, no more freezing issue.

Dear friends, you and send it and try this ... 

Regards

Sauying

New User

It seem like the only solution is to send it to acer service center. Mine was there for almost 2 weeks and it work great now. It annoy me at the beginning but I love this laptop now.

86 REPLIES
New User

I have exact the same problem. Aspire V3-371-35TZ and Windows 8.1 (64bit)

Troubleshooter

Many people have this 'problem', but actually it's by design. We have a 'precision' touchpad, not Synaptics. It's very limited in adjustments. If you open charms, then choose settings>change PC settings and search for touchpad, you will get the relevant page. You can reverse the two-finger scrolling direction, but not much else.

New User

I got the scroll direction switched, thanks.  Acer should update their website so it does not recommend installing an incorrect driver for the touchpad...  I chatted with someone at Acer customer support this morning and they sent me the Synaptics driver as well.

Any suggestions on the issue with the touchpad freezing?  It is rather frustrating, when it freezes I have to shut the lid of the computer to put the computer to sleep, and then when it wakes up the mouse works for a while but eventually freezes again.

Troubleshooter

Sorry, I've not experienced the freezing problem on my E3, but I think I saw another thread about that. Have you searched? I think the V5 and E5 touchpads are the same as yours.

Enthusiast

Hello,

I have the same problem,

when it freezes I use Fn + F7 to unfreeze several times

of course touchpad works just for a short while after but that's another way to not get crazy

I work for hours so this problem really is BIG to me !!!

any solutions ?

Enthusiast

snowbanche wrote:

I got the scroll direction switched, thanks.  Acer should update their website so it does not recommend installing an incorrect driver for the touchpad...  I chatted with someone at Acer customer support this morning and they sent me the Synaptics driver as well.

Any suggestions on the issue with the touchpad freezing?  It is rather frustrating, when it freezes I have to shut the lid of the computer to put the computer to sleep, and then when it wakes up the mouse works for a while but eventually freezes again.

I have downloaded driver for synaptics but it didn't help much Smiley Sad

Enthusiast

snowbanche wrote:

I just been informed that should do BIOS update and if this won't help than ... SERVICE - touchpad considered broken Smiley Wink

Enthusiast

monique_apple wrote:

snowbanche wrote:

I just been informed that should do BIOS update and if this won't help than ... SERVICE - touchpad considered broken Smiley Wink

good news,

after bios update is working smoothly

hope for good Smiley Happy

keep u updated Smiley Happy

Enthusiast

well, I figured, for now, must use external mouse :( mean...

well, I figured, for now, must use external mouse Smiley Sad

mean STILL freezing !!!

Announcements
Aspire GX Series

GIVE YOURSELF AN EDGE

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer