Acer Aspire v3-772g suddenly extremly slow

FilipFjälltorp
FilipFjälltorp Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello!
I have a problem with my Acer Aspire v3-772g.
I have no idea about what kind of problem this is, and thus don't know where to look for a solution.
So I decided to start here and at Microsoft Support.

So the problem is that the laptop suddenly got incredibly slow.
This all started when I noticed that I had a marker over my "mouse pointer" indicating that something was trying to load. I decided to check what it might be. I did ctrl+alt+del to open the taskmanager. In the taskmanager I saw that the windows error report program was opening and closening in the background.

So I decided to try to search, don't remember what though, with the search tool next to the windows button in the corner. That was when I noticed that I couldn't write, none of the keys that i pressed got a response. When I was going to write to a friend via Skype I noticed that I couldn't write there either. I could, on the other hand, write in google chrome and the explorer. I looked online and found a potentiall solution, I was to write this in the command prompt:

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

But when I tried this I just got "Error 605".

I thought that this it might not be too annoying and that I could get around having this issue and leaving it. After an hour or so of playing Minecraft, the game froze... the whole computer froze...

I used the powerbutton to turn of the computer. I started it soon thereafter. Now I thought that the computer was borken, because when trying to log in it went black. I tried again and again until I got to the windows safemode, which stated that windows couldn't open properly. There it gave me the choice of repairing and recovering the computer. But that didn't work. I again checked online for a solution, and I was directed to write this in my commandprompt:

chkdsk c: /r /x

It said something about "file 9" being corrupt and that it had fixed it...
Though I still couldn't repair the computer. I was ready to give up. I tried again to log in, got to a black screen and let it be there and walked away. After atleast 10 minutes I came back. It had actuallt logged in, but extremly slow manner. everything except the internet connection was slow. 
It took 3-15 min for me to get any respons from any program. However, I took my time and had patience. I started to try to figure out might be the problem

I noticed that everything that I told the computer to load loaded up at the same time, even though I gave the orders at different times.
I noticed that it didn't seem to matter if I booted up a programme in the SSD or the HDD.
I noticed that when I opened the taskmanager that at least 50% of the "disc" was always used. Everything else seemed to be "normal".
I noticed that when I tried to load google chrome it said in the corner "waiting for chache-memory".

That's what I got, need help. Sorry if somethin is off, English isn't my first language and some terms on windows might be wrongly translated.

It's and Acer Aspire v3-772g and I've had it for a some years.

Answers

• FilipFjälltorp
    FilipFjälltorp Member Posts: 2 New User

I've decided to compIetely reinstall Windos 10 on the SSD with an USB, and not keeping any of the files. Don't have anything of value on it anyways.