Acer Aspire v3-772g suddenly extremly slow

Options
FilipFjälltorp
FilipFjälltorp Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello!
I have a problem with my Acer Aspire v3-772g.
I have no idea about what kind of problem this is, and thus don't know where to look for a solution.
So I decided to start here and at Microsoft Support.

So the problem is that the laptop suddenly got incredibly slow.
This all started when I noticed that I had a marker over my "mouse pointer" indicating that something was trying to load. I decided to check what it might be. I did ctrl+alt+del to open the taskmanager. In the taskmanager I saw that the windows error report program was opening and closening in the background.

So I decided to try to search, don't remember what though, with the search tool next to the windows button in the corner. That was when I noticed that I couldn't write, none of the keys that i pressed got a response. When I was going to write to a friend via Skype I noticed that I couldn't write there either. I could, on the other hand, write in google chrome and the explorer. I looked online and found a potentiall solution, I was to write this in the command prompt:

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

But when I tried this I just got "Error 605".

I thought that this it might not be too annoying and that I could get around having this issue and leaving it. After an hour or so of playing Minecraft, the game froze... the whole computer froze...

I used the powerbutton to turn of the computer. I started it soon thereafter. Now I thought that the computer was borken, because when trying to log in it went black. I tried again and again until I got to the windows safemode, which stated that windows couldn't open properly. There it gave me the choice of repairing and recovering the computer. But that didn't work. I again checked online for a solution, and I was directed to write this in my commandprompt:

chkdsk c: /r /x

It said something about "file 9" being corrupt and that it had fixed it...
Though I still couldn't repair the computer. I was ready to give up. I tried again to log in, got to a black screen and let it be there and walked away. After atleast 10 minutes I came back. It had actuallt logged in, but extremly slow manner. everything except the internet connection was slow. 
It took 3-15 min for me to get any respons from any program. However, I took my time and had patience. I started to try to figure out might be the problem

I noticed that everything that I told the computer to load loaded up at the same time, even though I gave the orders at different times.
I noticed that it didn't seem to matter if I booted up a programme in the SSD or the HDD.
I noticed that when I opened the taskmanager that at least 50% of the "disc" was always used. Everything else seemed to be "normal".
I noticed that when I tried to load google chrome it said in the corner "waiting for chache-memory".

That's what I got, need help. Sorry if somethin is off, English isn't my first language and some terms on windows might be wrongly translated.

It's and Acer Aspire v3-772g and I've had it for a some years.

Answers

• FilipFjälltorp
    FilipFjälltorp Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've decided to compIetely reinstall Windos 10 on the SSD with an USB, and not keeping any of the files. Don't have anything of value on it anyways.