I have received my new SWIFT 3 yesterday. Everything was fine. This morning the screen stays black

Options
Rayon
Rayon Member Posts: 5 New User

The screen stays black and the keyboard lights on and off slowly. What is happening ? 

Answers

• fw88
    fw88 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Welcome to the club! Same thing happened to my Swift 3 after 2 days. I put it to sleep and it never woke up. 

• Rayon
    Options

at did you do after ? Did you change it for a new one ? Or did you send it for repair ? Or did you change it for another model or another brand ? Thanks for your help !

• fw88
    fw88 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I'm returning it to the store and going with something else. Not sure what yet.

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator
    Options

Rayon ha escrito:

The screen stays black and the keyboard lights on and off slowly. What is happening ? 

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for the display issues on your Swift 3.  When this happen, does the screen stay completely black or does it show the Acer logo?

• Rayon
    Options

It stays complitely black, and nothing to be done to change this ! I returned it . I dont dare to buy the same again !!!

• Hasan1
    Hasan1 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Bro can you tell me the BIOS Verison you have?

• Rayon
    Options

Sorry, I have no idea. I returned the Swift 3 for money back. Acer accepted rapidely money back, so I think that they confirm easily the problem !

• marknatalie
    marknatalie Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Acer-Jose wrote:

Rayon ha escrito:

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for the display issues on your Swift 3.  When this happen, does the screen stay completely black or does it show the Acer logo?

Jose, see this thread: http://community.acer.com/t5/Swift-Spin-S-and-R-Series/Swift-3-won-t-turn-on/td-p/470202

There's numerous threads floating around on this issue. It appears to be a BIOS issue, if you could look into it to help out others here it would be great. One individual has request me for my copy of BIOS but I am not that tech savvy to do that nor do I think people should be tinkering around with this if they're not familiar with updating BIOS.

• Rayon
    Options

Black is black, no Acer Logo, nothing ! No possibility to be more black !!!

• Jose-Acer
    Options

Hello everyone,

We're sorry that you're having issues with the screen on your Swift 3 laptops.  If you have tried a power reset and the issue persists, it might be a hardware issue and unfortunately the unit needs to be set up for repair.  Please contact your local Support service for more information on how to set up a unit for repair.

• Jose-Acer
    Options

Hello everyone,

A BIOS update, version 1.07, has been released to address this issue.  You can check the version of the BIOS installed in your unit by following these steps:

1. Click the Start Start menu.
    2. Click All apps.
    3. Click on the Acer folder and click Acer Care Center.
    4. Click the green tile in Acer Care Center labeled My System.
    5. Your BIOS version will be displayed below your Serial Number and SNID.

If you do not have version 1.07 installed, you can download it from our Drivers and Manuals website.

For units that are not displaying image, please contact your local Support organization to set the unit up for repair.

• angelleonhart
    angelleonhart Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

I got this error while trying to update my BIOS.

Screenshot_1.png