CPU 95*c when playing

Options
Jesper12
Jesper12 Member Posts: 23 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My cpu is getting way too hot, the cpu is at 95*c when I play games and for whatever reason when i startup my laptop the fans spin at 4400 rpm but when i start doing anything they drop down to 3900 rpm. 

Answers

• Norcal232001
    Norcal232001 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options

With predator sense have you tested different fan curves? Do you have CoolBoost turned on? 

• netrom
    netrom Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
  • AVJim
    AVJim Member Posts: 110 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Here is a video on how to do the undervolt using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7OdTmylZNQ

Here is one on the repasting for your unit.  I am undervolted but no repaste yet...temps with a -150 millivolt undervolt rarely goes over about 82c...and thats with demanding games like Battlefield 1 etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVEpuZNWLxw&list=PLrTyFxO3GU2H4hXSwhXSH_XhIhn0Xx3KO&index=11

• Jesper12
    Jesper12 Member Posts: 23 New User
    Options

how do I enable cool boost?

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Jesper12 wrote:

how do I enable cool boost?

There should be a button/toggle named 'CoolboostTM' in the upper right when you open PredatorSense, if the button/toggle is red it should be enabled. Also would highly suggest undervolting, dropped my temps immensely while gaming. Haven't seen CPU go above 80c under any circumstance when before it would regularly spike to above 80.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

Just to remind you that repasting the laptop voids the warranty. You can try undervolting the CPU first, and if you are still not fine with the temperatures do the repasting or send it for repairs to Acer if you still have warranty left and you don't want to lose it.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Norcal232001
    Norcal232001 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hopefully still has warranty. Good luck