joaoguilherme92
joaoguilherme92 Member Posts: 12 New User

MY pc :

i5-3230m 2,6hgz with turbo booost

Geforce 710 M 1 Gb Vram

4 Gb DDR3 ram
750 gb HDD

HI guys,

i have this pc already at a few months., but in the past two i have a very worryingproblem. When i play a game, all of a sudden the game( any tipe, anyone...) starts to run i bit slowly, and that happens right when the fan, likes give a boost, for a will, and while, the fan it's like that the problem continues. It only stops when the fan gives another boost and goes back to normal. The fps for example are at 20's 30's but when that problem happens it cut down to 15, 13, 10, 9........!!! this problem happen with online games( BF3)  but also with normal games..

Can anyone help me?????

Best Answer

• AnachroNia
    AnachroNia Member Posts: 40

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

You should install some additional software to monitor the system temperature - GPU/CPU temperature.

Your problem is caused by overheating. The easiest way to fix it is to buy a cooling pad. It will reduce the temperature with ~10C. Your laptop is a 'multimedia' middle class laptop. It's not designed for heavy load/games. I has only 1 fan and the cooling system is not suitable for playing games.

You can try MSI Afterburner and make a fps cap for your games - this will reduce the load. Also try plaing the games in lower resolution/settings. It also allows you to overly gpu temperature in one of the corners of your game. This way you'll see when the temperature is getting high so you can turn off the game to prevent damage to the system. Smiley Happy Temperatures higher than 80C are bad... and you probably get a way higher than this.

Answers

• AnachroNia

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

You should install some additional software to monitor the system temperature - GPU/CPU temperature.

Your problem is caused by overheating. The easiest way to fix it is to buy a cooling pad. It will reduce the temperature with ~10C. Your laptop is a 'multimedia' middle class laptop. It's not designed for heavy load/games. I has only 1 fan and the cooling system is not suitable for playing games.

You can try MSI Afterburner and make a fps cap for your games - this will reduce the load. Also try plaing the games in lower resolution/settings. It also allows you to overly gpu temperature in one of the corners of your game. This way you'll see when the temperature is getting high so you can turn off the game to prevent damage to the system. Smiley Happy Temperatures higher than 80C are bad... and you probably get a way higher than this.

• joaoguilherme92

hmmmm ok ....... i understand that. but i can run this type of games with no problems. But out of nowhere that problem appears. can it be like a problem with the gpu or the ram's? . but i will install msi afterburner and see how it goes.

• AnachroNia

Tinkerer

It's 100% overheating Smiley Happy

If you haven't cleaned it - you should open it to clean all the dust and change the termal paste Smiley Happy If the warranty hasn't expired - take it to a service Smiley Happy

• joaoguilherme92
    Re: Problem with Aspire- e1-571g very bad!!

‎10-19-2013 10:45 PM

You can try MSI Afterburner and make a fps cap for your games - this will reduce the load. Also try plaing the games in lower resolution/settings. It also allows you to overly gpu temperature in one of the corners of your game. This way you'll see when the temperature is getting high so you can turn off the game to prevent damage to the system. :smileyhappy: Temperatures higher than 80C are bad... and you probably get a way higher than this. can u explain me ao to use that program and second, can can the fans that people buy to put below it works?

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Joa, there are some things you can do to deal with an overheating problem. With your laptop turned off, carefully shoot a blast of compressed air into the exit vent. If you aren't sure where it is, with your computer running, run your finger along the edge until you feel a hot breeze.

Download the free CoreTemp program to keep an eye on your temperature. You can try setting your game resolution at a lower level.

Now, WHY has this problem suddenly appeared? PROBABLY you have a dust build-up inside your machine.

This discussion has been closed.