Notebooks & Netbooks

Topic

Regular Visitor
wpaynter
Accepted Solution

How do I access the BIOS on a Acer Aspire V3-571G-9636

How do I access the BIOS on a Acer Aspire V3-571G-9636.

I want to disable UEFI and secure boot.

I have tried pressing F2 as soon as powering on the laptop from a shut down state.

I have tried tapping it once, also repeatedly spamming it on boot up. The laptop always boots to windows 8 and I want to remove that.

Valued Leader
freeza

Re: How do I access the BIOS on a Acer Aspire V3-571G-9636

Good day

Do a restart of the machine and press F2, not a shut down.

Regards,

Freeza

Regular Visitor
wpaynter

That works

Frequent Visitor
Jeyyson

How do I even do a bloody restart with win 8??

Regular Visitor
William8

To enter BIOS setup during a start-up in Windows 8, you MUST do a complete Windows 8 shutdown. The standard Windows 8 shutdown does not do a complete shutdown as previous versions do. To enter setup, press F2 during POST during a restart or after a complete Windows 8 shutdown.  Search Windows 8 shutdown on the web.

Regular Visitor
William8

My apology on my previous post. Your press the Delete key not F2 during start-up (after complete shutdown) or restart. Windows 8 uses hybrid shutdown, so you would need to shut the computer down while holding shift, or to use the Acer Power button icon in Windows. F2 key should bring up the boot menu.

Acer Technician
Acer-Cory

[ Edited ]

This is an older thread, but I see a lot of traffic to it so I want to provide an official solution for it. The thread will be locked due to it's age, please search for an updated thread or feel free to post your own!

Here's an article on how to access the UEFI (BIOS) for Windows 8: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27103

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: