Acer V3-772G keyboard problem

Options
atshaav
atshaav Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I bought Acer Aspire V3-772G about a week ago. It was without an OS which I installed myself.

First I installed win 7. When I was trying out new PES 2014, I had a problem with movement with arrow keys.

I mean no diagonally moving or anything. Only up,down,left,right. Laptop doesn't recognize multy pressed arrow keys.

At first I thought it was an windows issue cause all drivers in Acer support page are for win 8.

Installed win 8 and still same problem. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Rolf-Acer
    Rolf-Acer Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

I recently gave this answer to another user with the same problem. Solved it, so here you go:

he problem with the arrow-keys not registering properly on the V3-772 machines can be solved by updating your notebook to BIOS version 1.13.

Downloadlink here:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.13_A_A.zip?acerid=635176841259416049&S...

Make sure to have your notebook connected to power. Also, when starting the update, do not run any other programs and let the notebook do it's thing until it automatically reboots.

We had earlier notices of this complaint in October and this BIOS was specifically made to solve this problem (amongst other fixes).

Let me know how it works for you!

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi atshaav

Do the keys work ok in Windows (using Word or Notepad)? If they work ok, I guess it is a problem with PES2014, maybe a configuration setting...

If the keys are not responsive, no matter what, then I suggest you take it back to where you bought it from. There is a problem with your keyboard that'll need attention.

• atshaav
    Options

Hi,

yes, arrowkeys work fine. Problem exists only when I press them together. Same problem is on all games like driving games (can't accelerate/brake in corners with turning, only activates one arrowkey) I configurated keys to numbad and it works fine, but this isn't a solution to this. Recently my friend got same laptop and he has exactly the same problem.

• Rolf-Acer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I recently gave this answer to another user with the same problem. Solved it, so here you go:

he problem with the arrow-keys not registering properly on the V3-772 machines can be solved by updating your notebook to BIOS version 1.13.

Downloadlink here:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.13_A_A.zip?acerid=635176841259416049&S...

Make sure to have your notebook connected to power. Also, when starting the update, do not run any other programs and let the notebook do it's thing until it automatically reboots.

We had earlier notices of this complaint in October and this BIOS was specifically made to solve this problem (amongst other fixes).

Let me know how it works for you!

• SeaHawk14
    SeaHawk14 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, I've been through the PAIN of dealing with the USELESS Acer live chat. I have found the solution to your problem. It worked for me, worked wonders but is limited to three arrow keys at the time. In a game however I don't see where you would be using three keys at the time in game. Right you need to update the BIOS, I suppose you have the version 1.08. Download version 1.13 and that will fix it. Hope it helped

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

• Rolf-Acer
    Options

Shame to hear the live chat experience was so bad for you. Can't do much about that myself, but good to hear the BIOS solves your problems. It was made to solve this issue, so it definately should.

Thanks for confirming!

• atshaav
    Options

Hi to all,

BIOS update was a solution for my problem too. Now my keyboard works beautifully. Sorry for replying so late but big thanks to you all who found a working solutions.

Best regards!

• melvin
    melvin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi there,

I have bought a Acer Aspire V3-772G-747a321.26TBDWakk and i am having problems with the keyboard.

When i hit the spacebar sometimes nothing happens and sometimes i get 2 spaces.

Also sometimes letters are not typed at all. Is therea solution for this issue and wil the bios update above solve this?

I have already tried it in different applications and nothing helps.

Note: It is also very slow sometimes. Then i hear the hdd spin on and then it is back to normal. Maybe not related?!

Kind regards,

Melvin

• Leoooh
    Leoooh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello,

I just recently bought my acer v3-772g with 1.15 BIOS on it and I have the same probleme.

Any other solutions?

Thank you

• halilbalim
    halilbalim Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have used Acer Aspire 772-G since almost a year.  When I get this laptop, it has V. 1,13 BIOS in it. However I still have a problem with keybord arrow keys combination since first day. I play PES 2015 but I cannot take a shot when I go forward cross. Please help me. Sorry for my bad english grammar.

• oceylantr
    oceylantr Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hi there,

Please rescue us. We are getting same same problem at E1-572G, we are requesting a BIOS update for 11 months and nobody are giving an answer in Turkey. Can you please direct us to solution, because I tried all ways to make a notification to Acer, but in our country they are not interested with my problem and others. I ve mentioned before in link:

http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/acer-aspire-e1-572-key-problem/td-p/244644

• halilbalim
    halilbalim Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I haven't solved my problem yet. The problem still exists and nobody cares. I complain about acer.