14GB Recovery Partition (PQSERVICE) Becomes an Unallocated Space

Options
osandakj
osandakj Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter

Hello everyone,

I own an Aspire 5745G Notebook with Windows 7 HP x64 preloaded. My HDD accidentally becomes a dynamic disk while shrinking "C" drive using a 3rd party partition management software. I converted it back to the basic using the same tool. Now my 14GB OEM reserved partition is gone. Actually it's indicating as an unallocated space in device manager window.

Capture.PNG

Can I still get it back without having recovery discs?

Thanks before.

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi osandakj

Bad news is, if the recovery partition is listed as unallocated, it has been erased.

You will definitely need to buy recovery disks for your laptop!

Answers

• finlux
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi osandakj

Bad news is, if the recovery partition is listed as unallocated, it has been erased.

• osandakj
    Options

finlux wrote:

Hi osandakj

Thanks for the quick reply Smiley Happy

Hmmm I think so. Sounds like everything is gone from Rec. partition with the conversion of the dyn 2 basic Smiley Sad I tried using "diskpart" too. 

BTW what do I do IF erecovery page is keep saying my SNID or Serial Number is invalid?

Thanks again.

• finlux
    Options

If you're getting a "invalid" number from the support website, contact Acer by phone and speak to a human. You'll find the details in the support site for your region.

If they insist that there are no recovery disks available for your model, then post back!

Good luck Smiley Happy

• osandakj
    Options

finlux wrote:

If you're getting a "invalid" number from the support website, contact Acer by phone and speak to a human. You'll find the details in the support site for your region.

If they insist that there are no recovery disks available for your model, then post back!

Good luck Smiley Happy

For other options such as "ask acer" , SNID or serial is keep saying as invalid. But for recovery media, it says "No RCD available for the entered Serial Number."

Untitled.png

And I'm from Sri Lanka. My country isn't listed in the country selection list. I usually selecting "USA" for all sites.

• finlux
    Options

OK, then try the following.

Go to the Acer support site, and download to external memory or blank disk, all the drivers & applications for your model.

Next, download the ISO image of Windows 7 HP (x64) here & burn it to a blank DVD.

When you next want/need to reinstall Windows, insert the disk with the ISO image on & boot from it. Follow all on screen instructions. It will ask for the product key, you will need to enter the product key that is on the base of your laptop.

Once done, then install all the drivers & applications that you made earlier.

Finally, install Windows updates & all your usual programs & AV software.

That's almost like your own recovery disk!

EDIT - I've found a contact number for Acer support in Sri Lanka, here, if you still wish to speak to a human!

• osandakj
    Options

finlux wrote:

OK, then try the following.

Go to the Acer support site, and download to external memory or blank disk, all the drivers & applications for your model.

Next, download the ISO image of Windows 7 HP (x64) here & burn it to a blank DVD.

When you next want/need to reinstall Windows, insert the disk with the ISO image on & boot from it. Follow all on screen instructions. It will ask for the product key, you will need to enter the product key that is on the base of your laptop.

Once done, then install all the drivers & applications that you made earlier.

Finally, install Windows updates & all your usual programs & AV software.

That's almost like your own recovery disk!

EDIT - I've found a contact number for Acer support in Sri Lanka, here, if you still wish to speak to a human!

I already have a drivers backup disc when I was created by using eRecovery App before this happens and also have a few soft copies of drivers available in the drivers and manuals section Smiley Wink

Your windows images are outdated. Those are RTM editions I think. Newer official untouched images with SP1 U are available hereSmiley Very Happy

And you have explained me what I did before I lost the data on my recovery partition. Smiley TongueBecause, I was unable to restore my notebook into factory state with erecovery management after I shrink my HDD. I posted a thread here about that case

Anyway thanks for the all your  guidelines. It was helped me a lot.

BTW the given acer support center is located at different country, I wonder why Smiley Frustrated

According to my knowledge, mcentre is the authorized Acer dealer in my country. (I'm not sure)

Thanks again for the support.

• finlux
    Options

Ah well!

Hope you're fixed soon! Smiley Happy

• osandakj
    Options

finlux wrote:

Ah well!

Hope you're fixed soon! Smiley Happy

But some apps are not downloadable Smiley Sad They just available in the rec. partition. I really loved Office 2010 Starter with OEM licence and automatic activation of windows after factory restoration by erecovery app.

• finlux
    Options

You can download Office 2010 starter here.

You can still activate Windows online, with a couple of clicks. It only takes a few seconds....!

• osandakj
    Options

finlux wrote:

You can download Office 2010 starter here.

You can still activate Windows online, with a couple of clicks. It only takes a few seconds....!

But it's not free right? there was a *.bat file in the rec. partition inside office files. once I click in, it installs office starter and activate itself. That's what I was talking about Smiley Sad

• finlux
    Options

Yes, this is the Free version of Office 2010 - hence the "Starter" tag.

This discussion has been closed.