my ctrl key is not working

truesainity
truesainity Member Posts: 7 New User

well my ctrl key on my keyboard is not working ive already tried the on screen keyboard and i am able to use the ctrl key to do ctrl-c etc.etc.

could it be hardware side if so what should i do? 

i did not do any damage to my laptop and did not tamper with it at all.

Acer V5-473PG.

Win 8.1

Answers

• truesainity

sometimes it works and sometimes it dosent.

• Hello,

1- Your laptop is still under waranty? 

2- Have you tried with an USB external keyboard?

3- Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

4- In which country do you live?

France
  • truesainity

1- Yes my laptop is still under waranty.

2- I do not own an external keyboard how ever i have a touch screen and I am able to use the ctrl in the on screen keyboard.

3- NXMB9SG007

4- Singapore

• truesainity

I have a friend whose laptop is the same as mine just that it has a different graphics card , lesser RAM and no touch screen.

His ctrl keys are also currently not working, he did not do any damage to the laptop too.

• Hello,

Last question:

Do you use the Google Chrome browser?

France
  • truesainity

yes

• Hello,

In this case, you can read this very interresting topic about the function keys of Google Chrome.

France
  • truesainity

Thanks for the help but that seems that it is not the case as i checked my extensions and there were no keys assigned

• Hello,

As your laptop is still under warranty, I suggest you to contact your Acer technical support.

I think you have a keyboard issue.

France
  • behnamnajafifar
    behnamnajafifar Member Posts: 1 New User

hello my ctrl keys and fn key is not workig i tried all of solutions abow but it is not working. i have tried with external keyboard but not working yet i removed my google chrome browser and i changed my windows but not working please help me thank you