aspire 4752G not booting and "black screen" after BIOS update.

robinringku
robinringku Member Posts: 13 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I updated my Acer Aspire 4752g's BIOS to use the BIOS downloads in the Acer site and when my laptop rebooted it was stuck in a black screen. I've tried doing the FN+ESC and tried all the BIOS downloads in the Acer site but it still did not work. Could someone point me to the right direction here and which BIOS files I really need to put in the USB to flash the proper BIOS.

My OS is Windows 10

Much Thanks to anyone in Advance!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

First, which BIOS version did you try to install? Second, try turning the screen on with the Fn+F6 toggle key combo. If no joy, then try to HDMI out to an external TV, trying to turn the TV screen on with the Fn+F5 key combo. If still no joy and you haven't done so already, then google "Phoenix Bios Recovery" with the quotes. Follow the directions for creating a bootable USB stick with the WinCris.exe file (you may have to download it from another site) and re-naming the appropriate BIOS flash file specific to your machine. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    I did try 2.10 and upper version for fix.such as 1.24,2.15,2.13.but not working properly
  • JackE

Do you recall the original BIOS version number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    I was installed the name of file "Updates BT, Wifi, 3G will keep the same status as it power off last time.
    Date:
    2011/10/03
    Version:
    Vendor:
    Acer
    Size:
    7.7 MB".
    After installe the .exe file my computer automatically restarting but after shut down my computer shows black screen. Now when I try to start my computer the screen stay black but the fan working properly.
    And I don't know what is my original BIOS versions.
  • JackE

>>>After installe[d] the .exe file my computer automatically restarting but after shut down my computer shows black screen.>>>

Have you turned all power off to the laptop? Try this. Press & hold the power until the laptop shuts off. Then remove the power supply & battery. Then press & hold the power button for about a minute ***without*** the power supply & battery. Then re-insert the battery & power supply. Then press the power button to see if it wil boot OK. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    I was try it. But not working.
  • JackE

OK. Google "Phoenix Bios Recovery" with the quotes. Follow the directions to make a bootable USB thumbdrive using the download WinCris.exe. You may have to download WinCris.exe ile from another website. Then follow the directions for re-naming the Acer BIOS file 2.10 that can be found in one of the subdirectories of the compressed file you downloaded from the Acer site. This re-named BIOS file must be copied to the root directoryu of the bootable USB thumbdrive. Then you must shut off all power to the laptop. Insert the bootable USB with the re-named BIOS file. Then press & hold the Fn+Esc keys. Then press the power button while still holding the Fn+Esc keys.

If the boot section of the BIOS chip has not been damaged, the USB thumbdrive should show LED activity and you can release the Fn+Esc keys while the LED activity continues. If successful, your laptop should automatically re-boot itself. If it does not, I'm afraid that the BIOS chip on the mainboard probably been irreparably damaged.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    In the DOS folder, which files I use to flash drive? And which file have to rename and what is the name to rename?
  • JackE

Please list the filenames that you found in the DOS folder. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku

version 2.10

ACERACDC.EXE

Eflidr16

Flash.BAT

JE40210.ROM

JE40210.WPH

Pflash.exe

• JackE

First, try the JE40210.WPH. Re-name it to BIOS.WPH and copy it to the root directory of the bootable USB thumbdrive that you made with WinCris.exe. Then insert the thumbdrive. Press & hold Fn+Esc, then press the power button. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    Where I can found the WinCris.exe file and how can I use it?
    And am I use the .WPH file only or there are more files for use with .WPH?
  • JackE

Click on the crisis disk download link from googling "Phoenix Bios Recovery". WinCris.exe is in the compressed Zip file that you download. Have you read the "Phoenix Bios Recovery" instructions on the bios-mod website yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    I was try to open wincris.exe but its saying error. I was try it in windows 10 and windows 7 PC.
    Now what can I do?
  • JackE

Did you try to run WinCris.exe in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode as advised in the "Phoenix Bios Recovery" instructions? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    I did run wincris.exe. after run complete in my USB device, there some files name BIOS.WPH, MINIDOS.SYS, PHLASH16.EXE.
    Now what can I do?
  • JackE

OK. Good. Now I want you to first try the JE40210.WPH that you found in the DOS subdirectory of the file you downloaded Acer. Re-name it to BIOS.WPH. Then copy it to the root directory of the bootable USB thumbdrive that you made with WinCris.exe. It should overwrite the BIOS.WPH that WinCris.exe made.

Then insert the thumbdrive with the renamed BIOS.WPH file. Press & hold Fn+Esc keys. Then press the power button. If the boot section of the BIOS chip has not been damaged, the USB thumbdrive should show LED activity and you can then release the Fn+Esc keys while the LED activity continues. If successful, your laptop should automatically re-boot itself after about 5 mins of activitiy. If it does not, press & hold the power button till it turns off. Then re-start your computer to see if it boots.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    I did try it. But its not working.
    Now what can I do?
  • JackE

OK. Now let's try renaming the other JE40210.ROM to BIOS.WPH. Copy to the USB thumbdrive and it should overwrite the other BIOS.WPH. Then try shut off your computer, insert the thumbdrive, press & hold the Fn+Esc keys, and press the power button. Check for LED activity before releasing the Fn+Esc keys. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    I did try to do this by rename the .ROM to BIOS.WPH. but its not working.