Install/Run Problems Aspire V5-431P

Options
Ben_is_lol
Ben_is_lol Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello Community,

i got huge Problems with a Aspire V5-431P.
The Restore Partition is clean and so i tried to install Windows 7 64Bit in Legacy mode (Bios).
The installation is complete, but ever i install the graphic drive the Screen Splitt in two serperated crossed Windows with stripes and blur.
I reserch these Probleme and got Informations about trouble with the Acer Intel HD Grapihc driver.
The Problem looks like the UEFI/Secure Boot option.
If i aktivate UEFI/secure Boot, so the Book dont start (error Operating System not found).
Now i tried to Install Windows 8 64bit again with uefi/secure Boot, but if i choose the Boot/Install device so the sequence stops in the Boot Menü and blinks...(F12 Boot Menu).
If i tried to Install Windows 7 64bit with uefi/secure Boot, so the medium is loading.
First time show the Screen where "Starting Windows" the book stops and i can only reset the book.
If i install Windows 8 64bit with Legacy Mode so i get the same graphic issues like Windows 7 64bit.

I got the Same Problem like these Thread:
http://community.acer.com/t5/2013-Archives/Acer-Aspire-V5-431P-Windows-8-graphics-problem/td-p/92927

Acer support is contacted, but i hope i get help here.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

As "restore partition is clean" do you mean that you deleted it?

if not, you can reinstall your default OS (windows 8) from Acer erecovery, just press ALT+F10 at boot and follow on screen instruction.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ben_is_lol
    Options

the partition is placed, but clean/deleted, if i aktivate the d2 recover (alt+F10) than i geht the error.
    The Partition have no Datas to restore, so i cant restore.

• IronFly
    Options

At this point, i suggest you to wipe completly your HDD and then retry to install from DVD, setting UEFI but secure boot disabled.

• Ben_is_lol
    Options

If i deactivate secure boot so i cant install, hang in first Windows 7 Start or windows 8 hang in boot Menu.
    Give it a official acer recovery DVD for these Laptop?

• IronFly
    Options

You need to contact your Acer support service to ask about DVD recovery.

• Ben_is_lol
    Options

done, w8 of answer.
    The best option for me is a functional graphic driver for win7, that commes with "Legacy Mode/Secure Boot" funktion.

• Ben_is_lol
    Options

I ordered now a recovery DVD from acer, thanks for good and easy support Acer!
    I couldn´t  solve the problem.
    I tried to install Windows 7 in Legacy Mode, than i would to install opensuse with the option secure boot and UEFI.
    After Opensuse installation i want to try to start windows 7 with the uefigrub2 loader but Windows format the disk in mbr and Linux use GPT, it is not possible to mix, so this idea will broke....
    Opensuse will run alone fine with eufi and secure boot!
    Another driver for the graphic in Legay Mode for Windows 7 i couldn´t find.
    If anyone else a functional driver than please call me, i don´t like Windows 8 Smiley Sad

• Ben_is_lol
    Options

Hello,

i get 5 CD´s from acer.
    1. 1x Language Pack German
    2. 1x Boot CD for Acer recovering tool

3. 3x Acer Base CD

Now i tried to boot the "Boot CD for Acer recovering tool" in UEFI MOde with secure Boot.
    The Recovery tool start, but if the optionions come (Recovery full, recovery OS) it blinks a post message, the process couldn´t be done in uefi mode Man Sad.
    So i switched in Legacy Boot mode without secure Boot, now i get the message "Go uefi to run the recovery"Man Mad.
    I Dont know what i should do? nothing works....
    I have installed Windows 7 and it run in Legacy Mode (without grapfhic driver).
    Can i restore the Windows 8 on the Windows 7 area? If yes, where i can find the tool?

• Ben_is_lol
    Options

After formating the hdd and switching the partitiontable to gpt the win8 installation will done and run fine.
    Next step i trie to install win 7 in Windows 8 on a other partition and try to boot the win 7.

• Ben_is_lol
    Options

OKay, Windows 7 Install complete but dont boot, hang on "Windows is starting screen".
    Okay so i must Use Windows 8...