ES1-511-C590, how to recover from recovery partition?

bugmenot
bugmenot Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I bought an ES1-511-C590. It came with Windows 8.1 with Bing. It has a built-in recovery partition named push button recovery or something.

I really do not like built-in recovery mechanism on the same HDD. I perfer a DVD/USB or any external media.I wanted to export that recovery parititon to a DVD/USB. I searched the web and found that I needed to use Acer eRecovery Managment application. But mine did not came with that software, and I could not find it on Acer's web site either.

I installed Windows 10 on it. I did not like this laptop, so I decided to sell it. Now, I want to make it to factory settings. Pressing Alt + F10 showed some kind of error, like it cannot verify the signature of winload.efi. I thought Windows 10 somehow messed it up. So I installed normal Windows 8.1 Pro I had. Then tried Alt + F10. Now, it did not show that winload.efi error, but it asks me to insert a recevery media. That is, it does not recognise the recovery partition.

By the way, the screen of Alt + F10 looked like stock Windows 8.1 screen from Microsoft, not Acer. When I watched it on their web site, it showed some kind of Acer recovery program. Is this normal?

What happened? Is my recovery feature broken? I can still see the recovery partition (11.03GB), why can't I recover it? Please let me know if there is any method to recover the factory state.

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry that you had troubles using acer recovery manager, but at this point we dont find any options to use,. the bset suggested is to purchase recovery media from Acer,.