Acer N214, error message, "This app can't run on your PC".

Options
angieB
angieB Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all: I am new to the community.  Less than a week ago, I logged on and was unable to open my microsoft office, chrome or adobe programs.  The error messge, "This app can't run on your PC" popped up instead.  I have attempted restore  and recovery, and it won't allow me to do that.  I message pops up and says, "Reset your PC.  There was a problem reseting your PC.  No changes were made."  I have also tried to update my drivers, which failed.  I have downloaded the updates from the Acer site, restarted, and tried refreshing the driver updates again, and it failed.   I am a nursing student who needs this computer.  The weird thing is can still use my internet explorer with no problem.  Ugh!  Can someone help?  I am no computer whiz, and would greatly appreciate some feedback.  Thank you!

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Try opening a DOS box and run SFC /SCANNOW

• angieB
    Options

Hi, thank you for your advice.  I tried that, and am receiving the same error messages.  The can showed no corruptions or errors.  Got anything else up your sleeve?  Smiley Happy 

thanks again.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Well the next thing I would do would be to run a memory check program and from a DOS box run CHKDSK/F to see if the memory or fixed disk has any problems.

Am assuming you already ran a full sysytem scan for viruses/malware.

• angieB
    Options

Hi, thank you for your help.  However, nothing seems to be working.  I have tried resetting, recovering, wiping everything out and then some.  I think I read that it may be due to a partition missing (?).  Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to have a data dude look at it, but am willing try different solutions.  RThe computer will still allow me to do stuff like this: web search, social medial, etc... but I cannot use my microsoft office, adobe imaging programs...stuff like that. 

I am all ears if you have further suggestions.  Thank you again.