Can't Register even though I submit correct info

Options
Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2018 in Aspire Laptops

I filled out the entire Register Form, only to recieve the error "The System Purchase Date entered is not valid. Re-enter a valid Purchase Date or send us a copy of your proof of purchase receipt, including the Serial Number. You may either fax your proof of purchase to 254-298-4233 or click here to send it in e-mail as an attachment. A credit card statement is not an acceptable proof of purchase."
Please enter the System Purchase Date.
Invalid System Purchase Date forma

Apparently, my only recourse is to mail them a copy of my sales receipt. Why offer ONLINE REGISTRY if you for consumers to mail a sales receipt? Is this a company policy to hope customers don't register their prroducts so, the company doesn't need to stand behind their Warranty ? So far I am not happy with this purchase and may just return this product and receive a refund. Then buy a different companies product.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I want to help get your product registered. I will send you a private message so I can work with you on getting your product registered.

• Soko
    Soko Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The date I enter is not accepted either.  Were you able to get assistance?  What are the steps?

TIA

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Are you getting an error when you try to register? Can you provide a screenshot?

• DeliDaria
    DeliDaria Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Why they make it so time-consuming and super-complicated to register this product? Doesn't make sense to me. Is anyone here made it from the first try? Just wondering...

• DeliDaria
    DeliDaria Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Please help me to register this product, which I really like and want to keep![edited for privacy]

• Blayn-Acer
    Options
    A technician will be contacting you by phone to assist with registering your product.
  • Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

To Everyone who is asking the same question as I started out this thread with.

I posted my question on ‎09-11-2015 & still have not received a response or assistance of any kind.

Don't hold your breath & simply hope your computer doesn't break down.

Warrenty is worthless since you can't Register the Product.

I believe it's a matter of Marketing. This way your inclined to merely buy another one as a replacement.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Owl_Mirror,

Were you able to get in contact with Blayn? He's actually out of the office this weeks so if you'd like to message me with your serial number and contact information, I'll be glad to help as well.

Cory

• Ennanator
    Ennanator Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I also am unable to register my Acer laptop.  Can someone help? I've clicked on the date using the forms calendar and it tells me the date is in the wrong format.  I've entered the date manually and it still gives the same wrong date format. 

• Blayn-Acer
    Options
    Very sorry you had problems with the registration of your system. We are working to get this issue fixed. Please try entering your registration date using the opposite format of the one requested. If it requests mm/dd/yyyy, try dd/mm/yyyy. If you are still having problems, please send me a private message with your serial number, name, mailing address, email and purchase date, and I can get it registered for you.
  • NorwoodIT
    NorwoodIT Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks Blayn.

"If it requests mm/dd/yyyy, try dd/mm/yyyy"

This worked flawlessly with me.

• Ennanator
    Ennanator Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you Blayn and NorwoodIT - originally I did try flipping the mm/dd without success, but after waiting a few days I tried again and it did work.  My laptop is now registered. 

• Alyssatao
    Alyssatao Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am having the same issue!!  the date must be the correct format...well i clicked on the calendar sooo. what is the problem here? i can't find an email to send to Acer either to register my new laptop.

• NorwoodIT
    NorwoodIT Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I think the server hosting the registration isn't online 24/7. Hence why sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't.

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Sorry you are having problems registering your system. It seems to be a random server problem and I have reported the issue. If you send me a private message with your purchase date, name, mailing address, email and telephone number, I will register your system for you.

• sutz
    sutz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. When I enter the date of purchase according to the required format, it won't accept it, saying that I need to use the required format. Please help, I can't register my product.

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Very sorry you are having problems with registration. We have updated the registration process this week, but it may take some time for the servers to cache the updates. Can you please try again early next week and let me know if you are still getting an error? If you want me to register the product for you, you can send me a private message with your registration information, and I will gladly help.

• sutz
    sutz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

worked for me! Thanks, Blayn.

• waterotter
    waterotter Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm not able to register my laptop either. I've tried on various days to do so but under my products, it shows nothing.

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Very sorry to see you are having problems registering. Are you getting an error message about invalid date format? If not, can you provide any error you may be getting and if possible, screenshots? I want to get this fixed for you as soon as possible. Also, I have heard from other users that trying again at a later time may allow you to register.