warranty problems with new acer aspire e15 notebook

Options
patpessotti
patpessotti Member Posts: 3 New User

I purchased the above on Oct 16  1 month later lcd screen cracked when I signed in, Was told it would be covered by warranty if not m fault & sent a fedex shipping label. When repair dept Mississauga rec'd itthey claimed there were slight scratches on it and I must have caused damage so they wanted $179.U.S. to repair it. In subsequent calls to support centre in Cariean incl."level 2people"I  told them I did not damage it and it was always opened on my desk with no one else having access to it. I was told by various people that it had to be dropped or something heavy ut on it(not true),the warranty was only good if there was damage the day the box was opened to which I asked why it was a 1 year warranty and not a 1 day warranty & received no explanation. Then on Nov 18 I received an email statingyour computer has been repaired" & I beleived finally someone had beleived me but when I received the comuter it wasn't repaired. On calling Acer support again & talking to another level 2 person I was told a cracked lcd screen is never covered as it is always sent by Acer in perfect condition & it had to be either m fault or Staples fault where I bought it . when I asked why I was told to send it in when they knew it was a cracked screen and why I was given all the other stories she said they were all errors & she was "sorry & understood my frustration" but would not cover it under warranty. I have now gone to CBCTV go public as I feel the warranty program is a scam to get further repair money and I caution anyone purchasing an Acer product that their warranty is virtually non existant

Answers

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,345 Community Administrator
    Options

Hello patpessotti,

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you; I can certainly understand you’re frustrated, but glass and LCD panels don't spontaneously crack.  There has to be some pressure applied that would cause the crack.  The Acer One-year limited warranty does not cover physical damage.  Phone agents are unable to assess if a unit has received physical damage, which is why you were asked to send in your unit to be reviewed by a technician in our Service Center.  Once received the technician was able to inspect the unit and determine that it was an induced damage.

• patpessotti
    patpessotti Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

My frustration comes from the fact that  the customer representatives knew it was a cracked lcd screen and indicated it would be covered if I didn't damage it which I didn't. It was the 2nd level 2 person I spoke to that stated a cracked lcd screen is always physical damage |& never covered. Why then was I told that it would be covered if I didn't do the damage  by a customer service representative & told it would have been covered if it was cracked when I opened the box  by another level 2 rep.Perhaps a crack was there & starting when I opened the box . These reps are apparently unaware of the fact it is never covered.  Also why is it not covered in the warranty if I didn't do the damage?