Aspire E5-575 Laptop intermittent lag and slow down graphics

Options
Plusaq
Plusaq Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an Aspire E5-575 laptop. I am very happy with the purchase except for one annoying problem which has persisted since purchase. 

When I am using my laptop, the problem occurs at random and does not have anything to do with insufficient RAM. The problem results in my screen freezing and when I am watching a video or listening to music, the sound gets all choppy and begins to studder. After a few seconds of the screen being frozen, the computer resumes. I have not been successful in diagnosing the issue however I have a feeling it has something to do with graphics or maybe a graphics driver installed incorrectly. I would appreciate any input for other individuals having had similar issues and how to resolve it, besides doing a full reset of the laptop which I would like to avoid. 

Thank you all

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We suggest you check if the sound card and video card drivers are updated.

What Windows is installed on your unit? Is it the OS that came when you purchased the computer?

We also suggest to perform a power reset and make sure your unit is not overheating.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Plusaq
    Options
    I have updated the video and sound card through device manager it states they are the latest versions. I am currently running the latest Windows 10 OS. When using HW monitor my temperatures rarely exceed 60 degrees so I doubt it has to do with overheating
  • Unheard
    Unheard Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Plusaq schrieb:
    I have updated the video and sound card through device manager it states they are the latest versions. I am currently running the latest Windows 10 OS. When using HW monitor my temperatures rarely exceed 60 degrees so I doubt it has to do with overheating

If you installed Windows yourself, it might have something to do with the topic discussed here:

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-e5-575g-system-interrupts-high-cpu-usage/td-p/486198

• Plusaq
    Options
    Hello,

Windows 10 came preinstalled all I did was update it periodically
  • David143
    David143 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

If you leave Windows Task Manager running, can you see what happens to CPU load during one of the episodes you describe?  

If the CPU (or disk - you may wish to also monitor it) shows abnormally high activity that is something that could be tracked down.

David

• Plusaq
    Options
    Hello,

Yes I have had task manager running during those episodes, and strangely enough the CPU and disk usage do not spike at all. The episodes happen virtually at random and results in freezing for a bit. Some episodes it freezes for longer. The mouse icon usually begins to spin as if something is loading
  • Plusaq
    Options

hey everyone, 

just a quick update. i have not found a solution, however I now see a cpu spike in task manager when the episodes happen, and the cpu spike is associated with "System" and "system interupt".