Aspire U5 - PC lagging + audio buzzing

Zerecas
Zerecas Member Posts: 5 New User

Recently, I noticed my PC starting to get real lag and so is my audio, it was mainly occured when I moved my cursor..

Plus, there is some time that when I turned on my PC, my wireless keyboard do not work at all and required restart.

I checked my task manager and everything, the CPU usuages are all in moderate level.

My OS : Win8.1

AntiVirus : Norton 360 Premier

I did a PC rollback to a week back and problem is still around, which is why I have to ask any professionals here for help.. I have no idea what's going on.

The only similarity I found is that some of the people out there is facing those common problem recently too, possibily caused by the recent Window update? But why do rollback does not help at all...

*Edit: I checked my task manager again, and noticed 'System Interupted', also, the PC is constatly showing the new audio plugged in message for every few minutes............ Like really, this product is only few months old..

Any help would be really appreciate, Thank you..

Answers

• Btenpenny
    Btenpenny Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I am having the same problem with the V15 I purchased this week. Sometimes it semes fine for a while, but once it starts lagging it gets so bad it's almost impossible to control the computer with the touchpad (or an external mouse, tried that too).

I see a number of complaints listed, all from this week, it seems. We need a fix, please, or this baby is going back to Amazon in a hurry!

• Zerecas

Quite numbers of people are facing this, I constantly checking solution on several sites, no luck so far.

This is one of the similar problem, or rather almost the same problem to me as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62939-drop-performance-mouse-stuttering-after-about-20-min.html

• dreamcruise
    dreamcruise Member Posts: 6 New User

I just had to restore pre 3/11 windows update.  My cursor was freezing and I have had a frustrating day trying to work. Now all is good, but I know that update is still wanting to be done again.. :/

• Zerecas

which pre 3/11 windows update?

Right now, I'm just gonna reinstall every latest updates again since roll back is only good a day, can't ask me to roll back everyday just to get it on the right track...

• Lily_Whyte
    Lily_Whyte Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello,

I'm having similar issues with my new Aspire E5-511P laptop (OS: Windows 8.1)  This laptop is about 4 wks old & was working fine until a few days ago, maybe Mar 12 or 13?  I too think it may be related to several Windows updates installed on both days??

I notice that as soon as I play a video, youtube or even a video on CNN for example, the problems begin.  The touchpad goes wonky, difficult to point at a precise object, cursor will bounce off also need to click repeatedly to activate whatever I am trying to click on.  Also, audio is messed up.  If I am watching a video & use my curser the sound buzzes?  as well, when playing games with audio, sound is buzzing?  

I should add that usually on a restart the issue is gone, until I play a video, than the same issues pop up??

What the heck has caused this??  Woman Mad

• Btenpenny

Tinkerer

It does seem like playing video from youtube either hastens the problem, or at least makes the problem very evident. Last night I downgraded the Nvidia drivers from 347.52 to 345.05, which was on the Acer site for this laptop. So far, I haven't had any lag this morning, but I haven't done enough with it yet to call it "fixed". I won't be back until tonight, but I'll update then. 

• Zerecas

The heck man, I've been going many sites, searching for the god **bleep** solution and still no luck.

Since that system rollback did no difference for me, the only option narrowed down to the factory reset which I haven't done yet nor I preferred to do it --...

At the moment, I've been operating under clean boot, this seems to resolve the lag, but the thing is why should we go under clean boot in the first place, it removed many function of different software... 

Something must have gone wrong and definitely not our driver faulty, many users are having the same issue almost in the same time, coincidence? guess not.

I'm freaking waiting for the appropriate team to do the appropriate solution.

It starting to piss me off, I'm supposed to do my assessments this weekend and I spent all day looking for that solution instead.. Smiley Mad

• Btenpenny

Tinkerer

Nvidia driver rollback didn't solve the problem. I just re-loaded the touchpad driver with the one from the Acer website, will see how that goes. 

UPDATE: reloading the touchpad driver did NOT help.

Acer: We need some help!

• autumncheshire
    autumncheshire Member Posts: 2 New User

Similar issues with Predator G3-605. Spent two days searching for solution...

• Zerecas

Hmm, those who have no luck with system restore, like me for example, can try this method instead, search > msconfig > Services tab > Tick Hide All Microsoft services (bottom left corner) > Untick Intel(R) Technology Access Service > OK > Restart.

This method solved the lag, for me and some of the users. Still waiting for Microsoft official solution instead of having us unticking something to solve their problem.

Do it at your risk, but should be fine since that after hiding microsft services, the rest is belongs to 3rd party software, no?

btw heres the link for it.. at page 3.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62939-drop-performance-mouse-stuttering-after-about-20-min-3.html

• rsrspc
    rsrspc Member Posts: 6 New User

Having the exact same problem on my Aspire Z3-615....called Microsoft...they, as normal, are clueless.  All started after the approximately 30 updates they pushed on 3-11.  What is it with Acer and Intel drivers???  I can't use Office 365 without disabling the Intel 4400 video driver!?!?

• rsrspc

And, as usual, everybody is pointing their finger at the others...MS at Intel and Acer, Intel at MS and Acer, Acer at Intel and MS...what a USELESS bunch of pukes!

• Steveeh2001
    Steveeh2001 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

In the meantime this works. Press ctrl alt delete, clcik on task manager. Scroll down until you see Intel Technologyt Access. Right click and then end task. IOt is a temp solution that will work until you reboot, then youi have to do it again.

• Lily_Whyte

For the last few days I have been disabling the Intel Technology Access Service from the Task Manager.  Whether or not there will be a fix from Microsoft remains to be seen?  Some are saying it's an issue with Intel, some say Acer?  There is also an Acer contributing member that recommends installing the AMT driver here

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-touchpad-causing-video-lag/m-p/350455/highlight/false#M58446

Has anyone else tried this yet?

• Steveeh2001

Tinkerer

I have not tried that, but I have found that after ending task on the Intel Technology Access Service a few times, it no longer goes active. Now when I check it is not in the processes list amnymore. It is in the services list buit it says stopped beside it now and everything is working great.

• rsrspc

I have an all in one Aspire Z3-615, I disabled the ITAS and it DOES work.  However, I do not know what exactly it controls.  I DO know that I have to disable the Intel HD 4400 video driver to even get access to Microsoft Office 365.  Otherwise, the programs crash.  Naturally, MS points to Intel, Acer, points to both of them, so nothing gets fixed.  Never buying another Acer.  I installed the same 30 updates from MS everyone else did on 3-11, on my Toshiba...no problems.  Only on the Acer.

• Lily_Whyte

I also believe it's an Acer issue!  I know others as well with different pc brands that aren't experiencing this issue after installing the MS updates last week.  

I guess I will place a cursory call to Acer to have the problem logged.  My laptop is barley a month old and this issue is very frustrating and should be addressed by Acer.

I can tell you it'll definitely influence any furture decision when ready to purchase another Acer product, that's for sure!

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

• RandomToolGuy
    RandomToolGuy Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the exact same problem. Is there another fix for this than to delete Intel local management service from the task manager yet?

Best regards

• Lily_Whyte

You might want to check out this link http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62939-drop-performance-mouse-stuttering-after-about-20-min-5.html

Apparently, some users of other pc manufacturers are also experiencing the same issues after installing MS updates last week!!

If your pc is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, don't uninstall ITAS as you may not be able to connect to the internet afterward.

I have only disabled the service from the Task Manager and after doing so for several days, I no longer need to or experience the issues, don't know why though?

• Steveeh2001

Tinkerer

After ending the task on Intel Technology Access twice, it no longer goes active for me. Also I no longer have to unplug my keyboard to get it to work. I got an update from Intel last week that I think fixed both issues.