Acer Aspire touchpad causing video lag

Options
Slick
Slick Member Posts: 23 New User

This recently just started happening today. Whenever I'm moving my touchpad mouse on a flash video, the video will start to slow down a bit and the sound will start buzzing. This happens when I use Chrome or IE. I already tried clearing my cookies, cache and history, so it doesn't seem like it's a browser issue. I even tried restarting my PC a few times and a full shutdown, but those didn't help either. No detection of any viruses also.

I'm using an Acer Aspire ES1-512-C685, Windows 8.1 64 bit with 4.00GB of Ram. The laptop is only a few months old since it's purchase, so I can't find a reason why it would do this. Anyone know what's the issue?

Answers

• Slick
    Options

Just another note, after researching this problem a bit, people with similar problems said that their CPU goes to 100% in task manager when moving the touchpad and mines seems to do the same thing. 

• Slick
    Options

Another update, earlier I tried a system restore. It seemed to work for awhile, but the issue came back again. Also, one of the support members told me that I should reinstall the synaptics or Elan touchpad drivers in the Acer Recovery Management, but they're not listed there. The only driver I have according the device manager is the HID-mouse compliant, but it's not listed there either. Does anyone know how to reinstall the touchpad driver for this laptop?

• andrewuh
    andrewuh Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I'm having the same issue here, hoping to bump this thread back up to the top. I just reinstalled the VGA driver which fixed the issue for all of 30 minutes before the problem came back. 

• Btenpenny
    Btenpenny Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

Having the same problem with a brand new (unboxed it today) V15. WOrked fine for a few hours, then next time I used it it started lagging, sometimes the mouse would be a second or two behind the touchpad input, buzzy audio, hitching in video playback. A reboot seems to fix it for a while, sometimes.

• jordan191
    jordan191 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

im having the same problem, it started yesterday, ive sent a message to acer im just waiting for a reply now

• DS_SD
    DS_SD Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I'm having the same issue in Aspire V3-572G....lag in video, sound, touchpad and performance

• Slick
    Options

I found my solution by Acer-Justin from this thread.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Aspire-E5-771G-audio-staggers-after-windows-update/m-p/349662/highlight/true#M58159

Acer-Justin wrote:

I would recommend performing a system restore to before the update. Once you roll it back check the updates it's installing to see if something is for audio. It's most likely just an update issue and installing the updates over may resolve it.

• Btenpenny

Tinkerer

Options

For me, on the Aspire V15, the solution ended up being to disable the "Intel(r) Technology access service", and the problem went away. You can test this by waiting until you are experiencing the issue, opening a task manager and killing the process with that name. For me, at least, the problem disappeared as soon as I stopped the process. If that works for you, you can disable it from loading in Ms confir (win+R key, type "msconfig", services, uncheck the service, save reboot). From the person that tolkd me about this (Thank you kind Reddit stranger!), it looks like they updated that service on March 11, which is when folks started seeing issues.

• Slick
    Options

Another update, actually, that solution only solved it temporarily and may have not help others with the same issue. The windows update helped for a day, but the issue came after another recent update. I'm not sure what's going on Microsoft's end.

Btenpenny, I may try your suggestion later on.

• andrewuh
    andrewuh Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I can confirm Btenpenny's solution. It remains to be seen how long this will work. On another forum, some people reported the "Intel(R) technology access service" opening back up after an unknown amount of time. But this definitely will work as a temporary measure until Microsoft can patch up the update issue.

• Btenpenny

Tinkerer

Options

Once I disabled the service in MSCONFIG, I haven't seen it come back, but your milage may vary.

• niwo
    niwo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have (had?) the same issues on my Aspire E5 / Win 8.1 - also since the windows updates last week.

As described on eightforums, I have disabled that Intel process through msconfig and it seems to help for the moment.

However, I'm really irritated where that intel process comes from to begin with, as I have an AMD processor and AMD graphics card... Cat Frustrated

• maiki69
    maiki69 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options

The same here:

Please try to install the following Driver:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/AMT/AMT_Intel_10.0.30.1054_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635567404861062159

After installing the driver the Problem should be solved.

Please let me know if this fix the Problem for you!

• Slick
    Options

I'll probably wait for the update. For safety reasons, I don't really comfortable disabling the intel process in task manager or install an unknown driver that I'm not too familiar with.

• maiki69

Tinkerer

Options

This is an official Driver from the Acer Homepage for the AMT Driver (Service) of your Unit.

In the German Forum many people can solve the Problem this way.

It´s defenitly a Problem of the Intel(r) Technology Access Service.

When this task is killed, the Problem ist solved.

To fix the problem durable you have to update the AMT-Driver after killing the task.

Othersie go to the download area, choose your unit and install the AMT Driver which is listed.

Maybe it´s older but it should also solve the problem!

• Lily_Whyte
    Lily_Whyte Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Have you tried the fix that you recommend?  just wondering?

• maiki69

Tinkerer

Options
    The Solution ist to delete the Intel Technology Access Service in Programms and Festures. After a Restart the problem is fixed. Ehen Young recover your system you will see that this software is not preinstalled!!!
  • Lily_Whyte
    Lily_Whyte Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I can't find enough information on the Intel Technology Access Service (ITAS)via the internet to determine for myself whether this service is necessary for the function of the pc or some other process. I'm wary to delete anything from my pc without knowing exactly why I'm doing it. Do you have any information on the ITAS to share on this subject?

• maiki69

Tinkerer

Options
    I can not tell you for what the service is for... BUT Ehen you recover your system to the factory defaults, there is no Intel Access Service on the unit. At the moment i dont know how the Service comes to the device but i know that there will be no Problems after deinstallation!!! I think the Service has s.th. To do with emulating lan on the usb port via Adapter...