Laptop power randomly cuts off, shuts down Windows 10

BWBarefoot
BWBarefoot Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I have had this problem for the last maybe 10 days, and I have even talked to customer service about it.

On occasion, the laptop power cuts off at random.  The screen goes blank for about 15 seconds, then the system shuts down.  I can turn it back on, but I must verify my identity in Windows before I can proceed.  (That's why I mentioned the OS in the subject line).

I chatted with customer service, which gave me a set of instructions to restart the battery.  However, I did not write those instructions down, so my attempt to reset failed.  The power cuts continue.

I would like to see the instructions re-posted so I can make a note of them and try again.

Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

Model? When was it purchased? What was the factory-installed operating system?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SamClemens
    SamClemens Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Here are the instructions:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/related/1

You basically just unplug your charger and then find the pinhole in your laptop's underside and push a paperclip into it. The pinhole should have a little icon that resembles a battery being disconnected. You leave it sitting without power for 5 minutes and then power it on.