Android Tablets

Topic

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Acer Iconia A100 and A500 Failure to Boot

We understand that many of our valued customers are still experiencing issues with their Iconia A100 or A500 tablets.

If you have an Iconia A100 or A500 which is failing to boot or is frozen and/or stuck at the boot screen, there is a knowledge base article that we would like you to review and use: My Android Tablet will not boot

If, after reviewing and executing the recommendations in this article, you are still encountering issues, you will need to contact your local Acer service center.

For those customers in the United States and Canada who have issues contacting support, please use the Fix My Acer website to set up service for your system.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
bubbalv29

Re: Acer Iconia A100 and A500 Failure to Boot

I've tried that. It won't let me get past the part where I enter the information about my tablet because it says it's out of warrenty. I know this, annd i know whats wrong, but I can't submit a request for repair.

Frequent Visitor
Raksawaits

z88
Visitor
z88

Acer man ----- would you please to tell us that it is a hardware failure (from what I have read mostlikely the NAND flash memory failure) and only solution is to replace the motherboard,  if you can confirm this I can live with buying a motherboard from Ebay and replace the failed one!!!!

Visitor
madmum

Okay - thank you for that advice.  I did what you suggested, and although the Tablet made a buzz, it just remained on the Acer screen.  What next?

I did send Acer an email asking a question about the problem.  The response told me I would hear from you within 24 hours.  I still haven't heard a word.  Why???

Contributing Member
luweed

the reason why we dont hear back from acer is because they received our money they dont care less about annythig else

Frequent Visitor
ericvonroberts

[ Edited ]

Frequent Visitor
teelee

I tried to set up a repair for my tablet but I know the purchase date is wrong but cannot find my receipt. I just bought it Aug 2012 and it saying Dec of 2011 for it. I know this because we bought 2 about a week apart. One of them shut off and now when you turn it on, the lights come on but the screen stays black :smileysad: I called the support number and was promptly told to 'find a local shop' which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't live out in the country
Frequent Visitor
JeffSaxton

Beginning a couple of days ago, I too am experienceing the boot problem on my A500 and all attempts to reset have failed.  I assume that you will resolve this issue at no charge as you have done for others once I provide my SNID?  Should I provide it via this forum or through some other channel?

New Visitor
Thadokin

I'm running into the exact same issue as a number of people. My Tab A500 froze up on me yesterday and when I did a hard reset it's now stuck on the Acer splash screen and won't move past. I've tried both manual reset methods and the problem still exists. Is Acer going to repair these units for free since this appears to be a defect in the product?

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: