Acer Iconia A1-810 Can't Update To KitKat

bjfmonkey
bjfmonkey Member Posts: 3 New User

I purchased an Acer Iconia A1-810 A few days ago and one of my relatives 810 is on KitKat. But whenever I attempt to update in Settings > About Tablet > System Update > Check Now. I get a 1004 Networkn Coverage Error. Here is a screenshot. Screenshot_2014-08-14-19-06-48.png

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Don't use the manual update check but reboot your device with data connection available and wait the automatic check to notify about the update.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Android-Tablets/ERROR-1004-WHEN-WE-WANT-TO-UPDATE-ACER-A1-810-FROM-4-2-2-TO-4-4/m-p/276094#U276094
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bjfmonkey

Hi. By data connection I'm assuming you mean WiFi I have tried rebooting with auto-check checked and still no notifications about updating. Also I read somewhere about how there should (in settings > apps > all) be something called Aver Live Updater. My tablet does not have this and my relative (who is on KK) does.

• IronFly

Yes i mean wifi.

Can you check your Build version and write it here?

system settings/about phone/ Build Version

• alteredbeast
    alteredbeast Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the some problem my BV is Acer_av052_a1-811_1.071.00_ww_gen1
  • bjfmonkey

Here's An Image Of My Build number and Image version.Screenshot_2014-08-15-21-01-09.png

• IronFly

alteredbeast wrote:
    I have the some problem my BV is Acer_av052_a1-811_1.071.00_ww_gen1

I think that KitKat is not available for 811 at the moment.

• MiguelPereira
    MiguelPereira Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi everyone. :-) 

I purchased this tablet yesterday.

My version is the one as shown:

Screenshot_2014-08-17-12-23-39.png

The device is located in Toronto, Canada.

Can anyone confirm if the KitKat update is available for Canada already?

Thanks!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

I haven't heard of anyone yet seeing the US/Canada version in the wild...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MiguelPereira

Tinkerer

Hi.
    Thanks for the reply. It's strange as Europe has already the update... Any thoughts on why there's an delay?
    Cheers.

• billsey

If I were to make a guess (and it's only a guess) they released in areas that had fewer users first, so they could do an extra round of 'testing' via seeing what users complained about. Now they are rolling in fixes for those issues before releasing in the larger volume markets. Once they have it out everywhere they can do maintenance fixes to those who got it first... At least that is how I'd design the release schedule. It makes for the earliest possible release (to those smaller markets) while allowing for the most robust release into the largest markets, where a bug would be felt the strongest.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • andyf
    andyf Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I've noticed on the Acer A200 that over the air (OTA) updates have been unavailable for several days.  Instead of receiving an update or being told that the device is up to date, I receive the network connectivity / coverage error.  I don't know if the A1-810 issue is related, but looks like the message is similar.  Perhaps Acer has an outage with their Android update servers and hasn't been in a hurry to resolve it?

• Just_Another_N0
    Just_Another_N0 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Well, I have reflashed the Original Firmware, as available on the Acer download site, reset to factory multiple times so many times now, and still no update here in Canada on my A1-810. In total reloaded OS about 20 times and reset to factory over a 100 times, just to make sure it is clean and accepting updates. Still nothing. Waiting for an update to appear automagically and/or manually checking have had no results. What is the ETA for KK updates on A1-810 in Canada? Does anybody know? Still waiting patiently, and I have seen a lot of updates mentioned in the XDA forum on A1-810's B1's and so on, but almost none on A1-810 from Canada. I would hope to have a backup-plan on firmware download from the Acer support site. My current (i.e. as bought) firmware version is RV27R02_PA_CA, if that helps anybody to clarify what I am missing.
  • billsey

I believe what you are missing is that Acer hasn't yet released it for Canada. Just going to have to be patient, the longer it takes them to release it for you, the fewer bugs you'll run into.

• Just_Another_N0
    Thanks @billsey, was getting a bit desparate, as I see all those others getting KK already. Heard that KK on A1-810 for other still has some performance-issues, and my guess is that, as it is only a port to the A1-810, the amount of bugs would be the same as on other A1-810 KK upgrades. But we can hope...
  • MiguelPereira

Tinkerer

Hi!

Just looked at the tablet (it's used by my wife).

Is showing the availability of the update to Android KitKat 4.4.2!

Is official in Canada! 

• MiguelPereira

Tinkerer

• MiguelPereira

Tinkerer

Correction.
    It's an system update to allow the upgrade to kit Kat.
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi guys,

I can't share specifics, as the dates are subject to change, but the latest information is that Kitkat for the A1-810 in Canada is approaching quickly. We're less than a couple weeks away Smiley Happy

Thanks,
    Cory

• Just_Another_N0
    I finally, this morning, got the pre-upgrade notification and upgraded my Canuck A1-810 from RV27R02_PA_CA to RC33R01_PA_CA (without a hitch). Now I no longer get the infamous 1004 error and the update tab now has "Acer Live Updater" as a heading. Whew, after all those re-inits to stock zip and factory resets it seems something good is happening. @Acer_Cory: In some other Acer Community posts it was mentioned that a later release (North America) would imply that some minor fixes for issues at earlier releases would have been fixed (i.e. netflix, HD Youtube and a few more). I myself assume this is just hopeful thinking, and the QA process would be identical at every stage/release of KK on Acer A/B. Or are you using regression testing in your QA process and would these bugs be included in the porting-process pre-relase QA tests and possibly fixed? No answer required, but it would be nice to know. Now hoping that KK finally is coming out for the Canuck machines, my own A1-810 included.
  • suetaylor74
    suetaylor74 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm in Australia and am getting the same status code: 1004 message. Any ideas on when KK will be available here?

This discussion has been closed.