A200 - Over the air (OTA) updates not available

Options
andyf
andyf Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

The past several days over the air updates have been missing for Acer A200 models.  The Settings app System Update feature reports a Network Coverage error (on multiple A200 devices) rather than offering an update or confirming that the device is up to date.  Will Acer be fixing this update system - and if not can Acer provide the necessary update.zip files to bring early A200 Honeycomb versions up to date?

Answers

• arneyj
    arneyj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This is exactly what I have come here looking for. I have even gone as far as a factory reset. It did not help at all, so don't bother. The message is still the same. Network coverage is currently poor.

"Network Coverage"

"Please move to a location with better coverage to continue."

I am less than 4 feet from my WiFi router, I am only getting a 65 or 72Mbps, 

The router is capable of 300Mbps.

• andyf
    andyf Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Just to follow up - it's been several weeks and the over the air (OTA) updates for the Acer Iconia A200 are still unavailable.  It appears Acer has pulled these and hasn't made any efforts to make them available on their support site or elsewhere.  If you have an A200 still running an early version of Honeycomb you're stuck as the update zips floating around only work on more recent Honeycomb or ICS images.  Thanks Acer.

• arneyj
    arneyj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I found the perfect Solution. I went to Sams Club and bought a Samsung Tab 4 10.1. They are on sale for 259.00 until Sept 27th. Then back to 319.00.

Then I took my Acer A200 to Best buy, got 50 bucks in a gift card, bought a 32gb micro SD card for it. It is much faster than the Acer, has Android 4.4 .

If Acer is not going to support their products, I have no use for them. I also replaced my Acer Desktop with an ASUS, same story... Acer won't support their products. If I have any trouble with my Acer Laptop or my wifes Acer Laptop... the replacements won't be Acer. Same goes for my desktop monitor.

You have lost a formerly loyal customer because of lack of support.

• ybon
    ybon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i have this problem too.. any updates for Acer_A500_7.014.14_COM_GEN1 please??

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

this topic is related to A200....by the way:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/3851;-;A500

on operating system drop down menu, select 4.0, then click on OS tab

I'm not an Acer employee.