aspire v3-571g windows 8 oem recovery

Options
firefoot007
firefoot007 Member Posts: 7 New User

hi

plz i need help regarding the recovery of windows 8.

the problem is that after i partitioned my 500gb hard drive into 4 drives i have not been able to make factory default backup through acer recovery management(hard drive configuration not default) nor use acer D2D in Bios(nothing happens when press alt+f10) to reset my computer. 

Windows recovery partition Push Button Reset (13.78 gb) is intact. i cannot make it active probably due to gpt. yesterday i was playing around to find a cure and got my bootloader corrupted and spent the whole day recovering it. if any one wants to know how to correct this problem go to this link http://www.qliktips.com/2012/11/fix-windows-8-boot-issue.html.

So if anyone can help me to use that push button reset partition and link it to windows recovery it will be great.

ps .around two years back i used a intall.wim file of toshiba satellite l-655 and inserted it somehow into the recovery environment and got factory default settings and recovery working so there may be way for this too.

plz reply if anyone knows a workaround.

Best Answer

• firefoot007
    Answer ✓
    Options

i have found the sol after lot of digging into the Push Button Reset partition files .

use diskpart to rename the PBR partition as R and its type as  ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7. now you can restore the system and can make a recovery drive. dont know about D2D.

Answers

• firefoot007
    Options

i have also used pbrfix but ir ran only once and midway it gave error and now gives error at start. anyone know how to run it again? . i have restored to previous day also.

• firefoot007
    Answer ✓
    Options

i have found the sol after lot of digging into the Push Button Reset partition files .

use diskpart to rename the PBR partition as R and its type as  ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7. now you can restore the system and can make a recovery drive. dont know about D2D.

• kamkik
    kamkik Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Could you tell me exacly how you made it? I have these same problem... I have changed primary partition on 2 other partitions... and because of that i can't run RECOVERY in my acer v3-571g... and alt+f10 is not working... I have tried to back up these same settings like before by making only 1 patrition but it dosen't worr.. can you tell me hod did you do that? how to use diskpart and what to write...?

My screenshots:

zarzadzanie dyskami.jpgEASEUS.jpg

Can you help me?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
  • kamkik
    kamkik Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It's not working with my problem... When I made like in the movie it is written to put RECOVERY DVD. It can't  use RECOVERY partition. I think that after I partitioned my 500GB HDD the information on the drive which was responsible for using RECOVERY partition (during starting system and when it is started) has been deleted... And because of that I would like to know how the user firefoot007 made it to start recovery using RECOVERY partition.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, then I suggest that you try following link to unhide this partition to Win8 explorer using the diskpart command as administrator.

http://medicblog.net/?p=906

If you still can't see it in explorer then it has probably been deleted. I'm not sure it can undeleted as perhaps firefoot007 is trying to suggest.

If, on the other hand you can see it, you may be able to transfer this partition onto a USB stick and use it for an extrnal  recovery media.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Hecticated
    Hecticated Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
This discussion has been closed.