Hello. I've spent all day trying to create a USB recovery image on a flash drive without success. The drives are formatted properly (FAT32) and typing chrome://imageburner and pressing the ENTER key gets everything going. Only it just keeps going for ever. However, nothing is ever copied onto the flash drive. I've tried different flash drives and also an SD card without success. I can't use the more traditional route because my operating system version isn't listed! I'd welcome any thoughts please. Thanks.
4. If prompted with a security warning, click Run.
5. In the Create Chrome OS Recovery Media dialog box, begin typing the name of the Chrome device. Type Parrot and a list of names will begin to automatically populate. Select the corresponding model name that you found in step 2 of the "Find model number of your Chromebook" section above and then click Next.
6. In the Create Chrome OS Recovery Media dialog box, select your USB flash drive and then click Next.
Note: If your flash drive is less than 4GB you will not be able to select Next.
7. When prompted that all files will be erased, click OK
8. The Chrome OS image is downloaded.
9. The Chrome OS image is written to the USB flash drive
10. In the Create Chrome OS Recovery Media dialog box, click Finish.
Reinstall Chrome OS using a USB Flash Drive
1. Press and hold the esc key and refresh (F3) key and then press the power key to turn on the Chromebook.
2. The Chromebook will boot to Developer Mode. Insert the USB flash drive.
11. The integrity of the recovery media is verified. This process takes about 4 minutes.
12. The system is recovered from the USB flash drive. This process takes about 4 minutes.
13. Once system recovery is complete, unplug the USB flash drive.
14. The Chromebook restarts automatically.
15. The "Welcome!" screen will be displayed and you can complete the OOBE.
Our friend and comrade IronFly has reached his 10,000th post to our little Community. During the last 4 years he has helped countless Acer customers providing help, advice and answers. The Acer Community team feels honored to count you as our friend. Thanks IronFly!