How do I access the BIOS on a Acer Aspire V3-571G-9636

wpaynter
wpaynter Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2020 in 2014 Archives

How do I access the BIOS on a Acer Aspire V3-571G-9636.

I want to disable UEFI and secure boot.

I have tried pressing F2 as soon as powering on the laptop from a shut down state.

I have tried tapping it once, also repeatedly spamming it on boot up. The laptop always boots to windows 8 and I want to remove that.

Best Answer

• Acer-Cory
    Acer-Cory Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓

This is an older thread, but I see a lot of traffic to it so I want to provide an official solution for it. The thread will be locked due to it's age, please search for an updated thread or feel free to post your own!

Here is the article on How to access the UEFI (BIOS) for Windows

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Do a restart of the machine and press F2, not a shut down.

Regards,

Freeza

• wpaynter
    wpaynter Member Posts: 2 New User

That works

• Jeyyson
    Jeyyson Member Posts: 1 New User

How do I even do a bloody restart with win 8??

• William8
    William8 Member Posts: 2 New User

To enter BIOS setup during a start-up in Windows 8, you MUST do a complete Windows 8 shutdown. The standard Windows 8 shutdown does not do a complete shutdown as previous versions do. To enter setup, press F2 during POST during a restart or after a complete Windows 8 shutdown.  Search Windows 8 shutdown on the web.

• William8
    William8 Member Posts: 2 New User

My apology on my previous post. Your press the Delete key not F2 during start-up (after complete shutdown) or restart. Windows 8 uses hybrid shutdown, so you would need to shut the computer down while holding shift, or to use the Acer Power button icon in Windows. F2 key should bring up the boot menu.

• Acer-Cory
    Acer-Cory Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓

This is an older thread, but I see a lot of traffic to it so I want to provide an official solution for it. The thread will be locked due to it's age, please search for an updated thread or feel free to post your own!

Here is the article on How to access the UEFI (BIOS) for Windows

This discussion has been closed.