This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
CheckeredDots

Acer Aspire V5 random Freezing!

This seems to be a very common problem with no solved answers. I really hope that it isn't a hardware problem, and judging by the large amount of freezing problems on other products, I doubt it.

My model is the Aspire V5-552PG, and I've contacted Acer support already - They sent me a BIOS update and the newest network driver that they had, but it did NOT work. I'm still getting random freezes! Sometimes it's every 5 minutes, sometimes I can go on for days without any freezes at all.

It seems to happen more often if I use the internet, and usually within loading a page. The only solution is a hard reset, anything else does NOT respond. 

If anyone has a solution, please give it to me. I really don't want to resort to delivering this for repair...

Best regards, 
Ben

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer Aspire V5 random Freezing!

Have you attempted to reset the system to factory load defaults?

This would eliminate software as the issue.

Please review this article:
Reloading your Acer Computer

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Frequent Visitor
sirius244

Re: Acer Aspire V5 random Freezing!

Hi,

I think I have the exact same problem with 2x Acer V5-552P-8646 from a customer. Random Freeze, RAM/Memtest OK / No bad sectors / Stress test OK / Temperatures OK. Seems to crash when using internet. Must do a hard reset.

I think I have found a fix/way to bypass the problem... still not 100% for how long it will work.

Try this:

- In Device Manager, DISABLE wired network card (even if you use wifi) and reboot

Currently Im trying to make crashing Windows on the 2 laptops, going on youtube, opening a lot of applications, reboot and do it again many many times and NO FREEZE AT ALL when using wifi only with wired network card DISABLED (nothing connected to it) !

I have a Qualcomm Atheross 8171/8175 Network card, driver v2.1.0.7 and v.2.1.0.16. I will try to update the driver, re-enable the card again and see if it crashes.

Please let me know if it works for you too :smileyhappy:

Sirius

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: