2012 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
Aaron1974

white blank screen on acer aspire 5315 laptop how can I fix this?

How can I trouble shoot this issue (white blank screen on my acer aspire 5315 laptop?

Frequent Contributor
JC_1234

Re: white blank screen on acer aspire 5315 laptop how can I fix this?

Plug the unit in to an external monitor and see if displays there. If it does, that usually means there is a hardware problem. Since this unit appears to be a couple years old you would probably need to take it to a local technician to get looked at.

Visitor
Aaron1974

Yes it does dispaly on my external monitor and do yo think it could be the video chip that is bad?

Frequent Contributor
JC_1234

It definitely seems to be a hardware issue, you can have it go to a local technician and see about getting it repaired. I know that Acer has a standard repair fee of $199, if you'd like to take that avenue as well, and their repairs come with a 90 day repair warranty.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: