Battery not recharging - Aspire E5-575G Signature Edition

Options
KarenK
KarenK Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've had this laptop for about 2 weeks, and have Windows 10.  A couple of days or so ago, I unplugged it and took it into another room to use.  It was on battery at least 6 hours with no problems.  It's been plugged in since then.

I just looked at the battery meter and it shows only 35% power remaining.  Why is it not fully recharged by now?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,117 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

You could try a battery reset, remove the AC adapter and follow the instructions in the video( the link below), you need to do a reset only once and please do not do it repeatedly, if that doesn't resolve the problem, get it serviced by Acer Service centre under warranty.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

• KarenK
    Options

This computer does not have a battery icon on the bottom, much less a hole for resetting.  Any other ideas?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

KarenK wrote:

This computer does not have a battery icon on the bottom, much less a hole for resetting.  Any other ideas?

look near the center of the bottom cover (air vents)

batt.jpg

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • KarenK
    Options

Good grief!  I even used a flashlight to try to find it, but couldn't.  Thanks for the extra directions/information.  I see it now and will give it a try.

Have a blessed day.

• KarenK
    Options

Thank you so much!  My battery indicator now shows it is fully recharged.

The video said that the battery should not be reset repeatedly.  I would assume that means trying it over and over again trying to get it to work.  Surely it is okay to do another reset if, say, a week from now the same problem crops up.  Correct?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Correct

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • KarenK
    Options

Thank you again!