Acer Aspire E5-553 (Part Number: NX.GESSI.003) DDR4 RAM speed is wrongly configured

Options
lokeshcy
lokeshcy Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

One of the best from ACER Laptop, but,I think is having serious issue of wrong DDR4 RAM clock speed configured through BIOS.My laptop is having 4GB DDR4 RAM (From Hynix, Part No- HMA425S6AFR6N-TF Serial No.-812BD89E and 812BD7C5). It is running with speed of 1067MHz. Its actual speed is 2133MHz. With Black Bird System Info PRO (Ver. 1.0.0.0), I found configured clock speed is 933MHz. It has to be 2133MHz.

Acer needs to pay immidiate attention and provide necessary solution for that as system is not giving actual performance for which it is designed.

ACER E5-553 T4PT DDR4 RAM Details.jpeg

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

It looks OK to me, single channel @1067MHz, dual channel 2x1067MHz.

Capture.JPG

• lokeshcy
    Options

HMA425S6AFR6N-TF Single module is having speed of 2133MHzDDR4 RAM.jpeg

• lokeshcy
    Options

Along with that you check your tool (CPU-Z) with other known systems for memory speed/frequency.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

I have checked in another laptop, removed one module from 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-12800(1600MHZ).

4GB

Capture100.JPGCapture1001.JPG

8GB

Capture1002.JPGCapture1003.JPG

Have you checked the speed in Task manager? 

• lokeshcy
    Options

Hi, thanks for your effort but it will be real help if you send this type of image --

large.jpg

for Acer Aspire E5-553 (Part Number: NX.GESSI.003).

Because when I checked with my tool with other known laptops it shows correct figures as per claimed.

• lokeshcy
    Options
    Yes
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you are under warranty, i would contact Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • lokeshcy
    Options
    Yor are very much correct but i live in India, and customer support is mostly a painful process. and for this type of problem, here on this forum experts dont think it is a problem,it will be nightmare experience for me.
  • lokeshcy
    Options

Hi, no reply from your side but one more proof i got is -

CPU Z.jpeg

in(red lined) it shows 1067MHz and it must be 2133MHz. Surely its a problem of wrong clock speed configured

• lokeshcy
    Options

What service center will do with laptop? Actually ACER needs to immediately recommend Insyde Software (BIOS Programer) to correct the clock speed for laptops with DDR4 RAM, so that new updated BIOS can resolve this issue.

I don't understand why acer community experts are not ready to accept it that it is a problem of BIOS!

• ads295
    ads295 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Hey bud,

If you read the Wikipedia page for DDR4 SDRAM, you will come across these lines.

"DDR4 operates at a voltage between 1.2 V and 1.4 V with a frequency between 800 and 2133 MHz, compared to frequencies between 400 and 1067 MHz and voltage requirements of 1.5 or 1.65 V of DDR3. Due to the nature of DDR, speeds are typically advertised as doubles of these numbers (DDR3-1600 and DDR4-2400 are common)."

So actually "DDR4-2134 (1067MHz)" from CPU-Z is perfectly coherent. 

• FerchogtX
    FerchogtX Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

If you look closely to his screenshot, says the configured speed is 933 Mhz... I dunno if there is a limitation in the mainboard or this is intended.

I have almost the same model, and I have the same numbers for RAM, doesn't seem to affect performance, but well... it's weird that Windows reports 1067 Mhz, while other tools report less...