how to create wifi hotspot on my acer v5-591g in windows 10?

Options
MUKIT
MUKIT Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I am trying almost all the way those i found after googling to create wifi hotspot in windows 10. But none worked for me. So downgradeto windows 7  to test if any way is working to create hotspot and i was succesfull. But i am feeling very  comfortable with windows 10 and side by side i also need to create wifihotspot from my laptop. Can anybody help to solve the issue??

Answers

• MUKIT

Tinkerer

Options

thank you for your reply. But yes i tried the avobe process. When i typed " NETSH WLAN show drivers" in cmd it shows that "hosted network supported: NO". I would belive that line if its not supporting on windows 7. But the thing is that hotspot works fine on windows 7 but not in windows 10. So i think it may be somthing with the driver. Can you help me in any  other way please ??

• MUKIT

Tinkerer

Options

i am so happy for your kind co-operation. But i am sorry to say that i have tried all of this. Actually i can still create wifi hotspot by a tplink usb dongole  but do not get any success with the internet qualcom wifi adapter. What may be the specefic problem?? I use the same method when i create the hotspot using externel adapter. But what wrong with the internel. And the amaizing part is that is worked with windows 7. i am adding a picture where "HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORTED : NO" is shown but it shown yes in windows 7.   How can i get rid of this issue ??Capture.PNG

• philetus
    Options

I think the problem is your network adapter does not support creating a hosted network. You would have to change the adapter.

• MUKIT

Tinkerer

Options

But if it is true that "adapter does not support creating a hosted network"  then how does it wokr fine in windows 7 ? Should i Change the adapter or its just somthing with the driver ??

• philetus
    Options

I forgot you said it worked in Win 7. Has to be either driver or configuration.

Same adapter and problem here:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-host-wifi-hotspot.1158273/

Another related page shows getting it to work by using 8.1 driver instead of Win 10 driver.

• MUKIT

Tinkerer

Options

Now i have found another thing that when i upgrade to windows 10 1607 version then with the help of mobile hotspot of 1607 version i can create wifi hotspot. But the problem is that i need to roll back to previous version as the touchpad functionality becomoe horrible on that 1607 version. I think card is okay . Is there any way that I can fixex the Hotspot creating issue on win 10 nov version?