z35 screen flickering than gos black

Options
trentismaximus
trentismaximus Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

i took my z35 back to get repaired when it came back it did the same thing , acer said they ran it for a week on there system and it ran fine and that it mite be my pc , so i tried using HDMI cables into my tv HDMI with the tv works fine but than i plug it back into my monitor and i get the same issue again , im very confused how it could be my PC, when it works fine with my TV , ive also tried 3 differant HDMI cables , still always getting the same issue . also some times the screen is ok for 5min to half a day but eventually it will go flickering and than black , im using my TV now through the PC and have no issues of flickering and black screen , if i plug the Z35 in it is very temperamental .

Answers

• dpeagle
    dpeagle Member Posts: 25 New User
    Options

could you give some pc specs, specifically the gpu. also, have you installed the acer drivers? if you have, in your device manager / monitors , does it show the z35 or generic pnp?

• trentismaximus
    Options

CPU / INTEL CORE i7 6700 . RAM / 8GB DDR3 X 2 (16GB) 2400MHZ . VIDEO / 4GB GETFORCE GTX980 . 

I didnt know about acer drivers wear do i install them from , i cant find any for a z35 .

• dpeagle
    Options

this link should take you to the driver download page for acer. you will need to copy and paste the link to your google search bar. it should take you to the acer driver download page. i tried to just click the link and it wont take you there.  find your model and download the driver for your operating system. you may have to disable driver sig enforcement to complete the install. after you install the drivers make sure your model shows up in the device manager under monitors. (http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/professional-drivers) p.sp)

• trentismaximus
    Options

i used the link and there apears to be no drivers for the z35 

• dpeagle
    Options

i see they have a driver download for the freesync version of that monitor (xz350cu). i am sure their is a driver somewhere. try calling acer tech support and see if they can send you the driver package. understand, it may not help with the issues your having, but you need to verify if this is a pc issue (gpu), display port cable or a driver issue either nvidia or acer before you start looking at the monitor as the problem. also can you reproduce these issues using another pc?

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi guys,

Monitor drivers aren't going to do anything but let Windows know the name of the monitor and the resolution, but we already know that. I saw comments about HDMI and while I'm going to have to do some doublechecking, I have a feeling that HDMI isn't going to support 200hz. Is this what you're trying to do? Have you tried it with the Displayport? Are you getting the same results?

Edit for clarity: The TV isn't going to allow you to adjust your refresh rate the way the monitor is designed to do and I think this is why you're seeing reasonable results with the TV. If you set your computer to 2560x1080 @ 60hz and plug HDMI into your monitor do you have issues?

Cory

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Just to confirm, here are the support modes of the Z35.

Z35Modes.PNG

• trentismaximus
    Options

yes im running 2560x1080 60hz , one thing ive noticed if it gos fuzzy than black i find if i change my HDMI cable it comes good again even if its a cable that it was running fuzzy than black a few days ago ?

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Are you able to test with the Display Port? I'm wondering if the HDMI port itself is bad or if there is another issue.

Cory

• trentismaximus
    Options

turned the PC on this morning the monitor flicked than whent black so i tried the display port the screen was flicking so i tried a HDMI i havnt used in 3 days and it works , ive got 3 HDMI cabales i rotate , any way the monitor is going back to the store for repairs or to see if they can figure this thing out . 

• trentismaximus
    Options

S

• trentismaximus
    Options

So yer it was a lemon acer are gonna send me a new Z35 monitor Smiley Happy

• trentismaximus
    Options

not particularly happy with the reply i got from ACER today after i chased down my ebay reciept for them at there request now they whant me to do a whole lot of secretary work , that they should be doing , i now have to give acer the stores details tax file number date of purchase ect ect , its very frustraiting because all the details are on the EBAY reciept , this is the straw that has broke the cammels back i will never purchase another acer anything again . 

• trentismaximus
    Options

well it just got worse i chased all that stuff up for ACER now they said i will be sent a letter by email of service credit and i have to be physically in the store i bought it from to use the credit , i bought the monitor on EBAY the store is 1,028km from wear i live WTF !

• trentismaximus
    Options

so it wasnt that bad , just a emotional roller coaster thats all , the store i bought it from is sending a new Z35 to me , i really do love that monitor its beautiful and i cant and wont game without it , its to awesome to go back to any thing else Smiley Happy

• FunkyChick3n21
    FunkyChick3n21 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the exact same issue. Ive sent it back for repair twice now. Before they replaced the screen and then the motherboard of something. Has yours been fixed?