Acer Nitro VN7-591G Speaker Question

Options
karankanuga
karankanuga Member Posts: 26 New User

The laptop indicates to have 4 speakers, however I feel only two speakers are working as I get sounds only from the lower two speakers from the bellly of the laptop (see screenshot below) There is no sound coming from the grills, which are near the opening closing lids. Is it that two of the speakers on my laptop are defective ?

Acer.png

Best Answer

Answers

• karankanuga
    Options

Can someone please help me with this. I feel I have a defected product.

• philetus
    Options

Right click on the speaker icon in the tray and click Playback Devices and see if all four speakers are enabled.

• karankanuga
    Options

When I right click playback devices, this is what i get (screenshot). It jsut indicates "Speakers), however, when I click on configure and Test, the bottom left and right speakers work. I'm using Windows 10. Is it that just 2of the 4 speakers are working ? Can you indicate where are the 4 speakers lcoated ?

Acer1.png

• karankanuga
    Options

The Acer black nitro claims to have 4 speakers, however I just see two (screenshot below)

Speaker.png

• philetus
    Options

Did you click next and see where it goes? Check http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and see if there is a newer audio driver. Uninstall the audio in Add and Remove and Device Manager, then reinstall the audio. See if any of this helps.

• philetus
    Options

If they are there and all the reviewers say they are, then they are under the motherboard.

• karankanuga
    Options

Definitely not under the motherboard. Check the dissembly below

http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/acer-aspire-v-nitro-vn7-591g-disassembly/

• philetus
    Options

From that, it certainly looks like you only have two speakers. 

• karankanuga
    Options

So you mean to say, all acer black nitro laptops with model number VN5-591G are wrongly advertised to have 4 speakers ?

• philetus
    Options

I have no way of knowing that, but I would think that some of them do have four speakers. I'm sure it would be mentioned on the sites that did reviews on it if it didn't.

• Hemingway60
    Hemingway60 Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Options

Hi, 

Don't worry, your laptop does have 4 speakers. The lower two grills ahost 2 modules with 2 tweetres each amounting to the 4 speakers advertised and truth be told, they're one of the best speakers I've ever heard on any laptop. Don't worry, as long as both those grills are emitting sound then your unit is full functional and there's nothing wrong with it.

P.S: I have the VN7 791g and no sound comes from the back grill either so don't worry.

• spdzo
    spdzo Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

now im curious!

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

They are in there

20150927_194518.jpg

• karankanuga
    Options

I still only see two speakers

• philetus
    Options

I believe there are two speakers in each module.