Android Lollipop for Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-730HD) !?

Options
FARROKH
FARROKH Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

just want to know that when We will Get Android Lollipop for Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-730HD) ?

Thanks

Answers

• biswarup
    biswarup Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

We all are eagerly waiting for Android Lollipop Update on Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-730HD). Hope Acer team responds.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,739 Trailblazer
    Options

Heheh, Kitkat isn't rolled out to all the models and locales yet... You'll have to hold your breath for a long time, I think.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tentaro
    tentaro Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Yea I really does suck how long it takes for companies to roll out upgrades. They are seeling it with 4.4 on it now so the image should be available to everyone. I hope that Acer wakes up and doesn't follow every other slow ***** company. I know it takes awhile to add your extra apps and things but they are alreasdy on the original 4.4 Kit Kat build no reaosn you need to keep adding them. Just crank out a version of Android v5 we can use already lol I know most comapnies don't really care about the products after they put them out but I am hoping since I chose this tablet that Acer does not fall into this category as so many others have in the past.

• Remo
    Remo Member Posts: 22 New User
    Options

Recently the iconia one 7 b1-730hd received an update. I got really hyped because when the device booted, the powered by android logo had changed to the 5.0 android logo,  but afterwards it turned out that my device didn't have 5.0 ;-; it just made my device run faster. 

This could mean that the iconia one 7 b1-730hd could be getting 5.0 soon though. 

Hope so Smiley Happy

• tentaro
    tentaro Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

We can only hope Smiley Wink but I am not holding my breath lol

• Remo
    Options

Acer cmon, we would love to see lollipop on our devices.

It would give the iconia users a great experience.

Why did you change the powered by android logo to the 5.0 logo and not put 5.0 on the device.

Is there a reason why it is taking so long to put it on the iconia, if so please reply

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,739 Trailblazer
    Options

I should put things like this into a macro... Smiley Happy

Acer hasn't yet announced any Lollipop models. They are unlikely to start a port of Lollipop to older models unless they are also designing new models. A port of any Android version is an extensive project, since it has to be written specifically for each hardware combination. That makes it expensive for a manufacturer to do updates. I fully expect Acer will have Lollipop on new models introduced within a few months, and I expect they'll commit the resurces to do upgrades to current models at some point after they've scrubbed the bulk of the bugs out of new models. They likely will not port it to models that were new last year or models that have already had updated OS releases.

Be aware that I'n not employed by Acer and have no inside information, but I have been involved in the community for some time now and see what they have done in the past...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Remo
    Options

Thanks

• Remo
    Options
    Just got the b1-760hd because my b1-730hd was faulty and I got a full refund. The b1-760 has lollipop 5.0.1 and it it a slightly thinner as in screen size because it has a resolution of 1280 by 720 instead of 1280 by 800
  • vijaykarthika89
    vijaykarthika89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

The lollipop is the largest one of the most ambitious release for android.This realesae paceked user with new features and thousand of the new aps developing.

• pwingert
    pwingert Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

The B1-770 is also out. It is running 5.0. Its goingfor  $109 Canadian.  I am betting that there is likely to not be an update to  anything earlier since it looks like the potential requirements for  5.0 are 2Gb RAM.  It would be nice to have an official comment on this informaton.

• tengokei
    tengokei Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Acer is just another in a line of bigger companies who drop the ball when it comes to updates.... like Toshiba before them. I will never buy another Acer product. It's better to spend the extra money and buy Motorola phones or Nexus (google) tablets and phones, Google always keeps their stuff up to date.

• Ajasmuhammed18
    Ajasmuhammed18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Is there any chance of getting lolipop on 730hd (officially)

• Spelfie
    Spelfie Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Almost 2 years after your posted question and still no upgrades. Considering they are working on upgrades to Marshmallow 6.0 for new devices, I have a feeling they never will. Which considering they still sell this tablet new with Kitkat 4.4. I will just have to get a better tablet from a different company.

[word filter avoidance]

• aliarifkan
    aliarifkan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

please make an update of acer iconia one 7 did this company love only kitkat version